PRLog - April 11, 2014 - Business Book Summary of Your Network Is Your Net Worth
EBSCO Publishing has just released a new book summary. In Your Network Is Your Net Worth, Porter Gale promotes the power of social capital to improve productivity, enlarge professional options, and improve the overall quality of life by building a network of genuine personal and professional relationships. Gale emphasizes that when people identify their passions and purposes to organize networking around their values and beliefs, it becomes much easier to achieve lasting affiliations, personal transformations, and earning opportunities that lead to success and happiness. Changing cultural values and advancing digital technologies facilitate these new approaches to networking. It is significant that networking efforts should be based on the desire to connect with people, share content, give insights, and live with purpose.
Porter Gale offers readers the following advice:
· Create an attitude of positive productivity, which means committing to optimizing time, connections, and relationships to increase satisfaction, success, and wealth.
· Identify personal passions and purpose. Analyzing personal strengths and weaknesses, activities that bring happiness, and desired life objectives will point people in the right direction to travel to achieve their goals.
· Learn from “hub players.” Hub players are people at the center of social or business environments, and they excel at connecting themselves and others. Their interactions with individuals and groups should be observed and their successful social skills absorbed.
· Shake it up. Change personal routines to unlock new growth, attend events designed to meet others, and be receptive to new conversations and connections.
· Use technology to enhance connections. Look over social media sites and use online research to find like-minded communities and connections. Use Skype, iPhone FaceTime, and other technologies to reduce virtual distance.
· Accelerate networking through the right environment. Physical space and the people with whom people surround themselves greatly affect output and productivity. Negative environments should be avoided in order to set up the best conditions for networking success.
· Nurture relationships and give back. Networking is much more than advancing personal interests, so committing oneself to giving more than one hopes to receive provides a solid basis for reaching out to others.
· Consider carefully when choosing networking events. Events should be chosen for their ability to inspire in the areas of personal passions or purposes and their likelihood of providing potential future professional or personal contacts.
· Show appreciation to network members. Always show network people how they are valued—use personal contact to convey optimism, connection, and praise.
In addition to a 7-10 page summary of the book, each Business Book Summary includes a Key Concepts section that outlines the main points of the book, an About the Author section that informs readers of the author’s background as well as their additional written works, and a Features of the Book Section that explains the special features found within the book.
For busy professionals, Business Book Summaries from EBSCO provide an easy, quick way to stay on top of the best business books in the market. With many titles available in audio format, it becomes even easier to obtain the helpful information available in these top business titles.
For more information and to get free samples of Business Book Summaries, please visit www.bizsum.com.