PRLog - April 8, 2014 - RAFFLES PLACE, Singapore -- The upcoming EPC Contracts for Oil & Gas Projects – from Feasibility to Operations is a well-researched event organised by Neoedge, a top events company in Singapore. Its agenda aims to instil understanding of the unique features of oil and gas projects as well as the participants and the risks inherent to it. It will also provide knowledge of what issues need to be considered in planning the various components of project delivery.
EPCC 2014 Banner
The event is especially designed mainly for EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction)
Neoedge Business Development Manager, Cathy Dimson shared: “The course would cover the midstream oil and gas construction projects. The span will be from project commitment to the initial feasibility study, then moving on to conceptual design, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and the handover of operational facility.”
While the event is timely and vital to the industry, it will be led by two expert trainers: Dr. Donald Charrett and Mr. Philip Loots. Aside from being world-renowned trainers, they are also industry practitioners themselves with more than 30 years and 40 years experience, respectively.
“It is about time that Asia’s EPC contracts for oil and gas projects turn its focus and take action in addressing the various project stages. It needs to be fully understood from the pre-contract phase as it requires careful consideration up until the final handover of the operational facility.”, added Dimson.
Other key takeaways to benefit from the course
1. Awareness of the importance of appropriate risk allocation in determining the contracting strategy and selection of the type of contract.
2. Information on the available standard form EPC contracts suitable for oil and gas projects, and insight into the issues involved in the use of bespoke contracts.
3. Familiarity with the key contract conditions that distinguish oil and gas contracts from other types of construction contract.
4. An appreciation of how EPC projects should be managed within the parameters of the contract, and the requirements of appropriate contract management and administration.
5. Contract administration skills in managing claims.
6. Knowledge of the dispute resolution tools available under the contract, and how these can be applied in dispute avoidance as well as dispute resolution.
Dimson shared that: “This course will be most relevant to all those involved in the oil and gas projects who are looking to gain better understanding of all aspects of EPC contracts—from Employer representative who are responsible for project procurement, selecting contractual strategies, and managing oil and gas projects to Contractor representatives responsible for tendering, contract negotiation and contract management of oil and gas projects.
Get more info or register online for the EPC Contracts for Oil & Gas Projects – from Feasibility to Operations: http://neo-edge.com/
About Neoedge Energy Edge
Neoedge is a top-notch business media and consulting company that aims to serve the corporate world with integrity and excellence by providing cutting edge business intelligences and creating high value networking opportunities.
Neoedge identifies pressing issues that the corporate world is facing. Neoedge events are developed based on careful and original research including extensive and direct interactions with potential participants in the market. Neoedge events are distinguished by delivering premier value to customers in a sustainable means.
Neoedge is headquartered in Singapore, Neoedge has been organising premier events all around the world including Port-of-Spain, Buenos Aires, Hamburg, Dubai, Accra, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Mumbai, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh, Perth, Manila, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Shanghai etc.
Neoedge is your long term reliable corporate business partner.
Eugene Azucena, +65 6557 9185, email: firstname.lastname@example.org