PRLog - Apr. 7, 2014 - NEW YORK -- New York, N.Y. – The 2014 New York Travel Festival sets aside glossy brochures and long waits at vendor booths by giving tech-savvy, immersive travelers exactly what they need: direct advice from the experts.
Scheduled for the weekend of April 26-27, New York Trav Fest will present interactive discussions on leading travel topics and trends that attendees definitely want to know more about. The New York City based festival opens Saturday, April 26 at Bohemian National Hall, 321 E 73rd Street, and continues on Sunday, April 27, at Hostelling International - New York, 891 Amsterdam Avenue.
The standard consumer ticket price is at $35 until April 15 and will increase closer to the event date. This ticket package will include:
• Talks and panels from top names in the travel industry – (including presentations by writers and photographers from AFAR, the Major Media Partner of NY Trav Fest 2014)
• Festival-only discounts from select sponsors
• Opportunities for in-venue giveaways, including gift certificates of up to $300 from ClothingArts.com
• Try some mezcal and food pairings at the Mexico bar
• Discover new and up-and-coming tech travel companies at Travel 2.0 @ #NYTF
For travel industry professionals, tickets start at $100 and will include:
• Admission to industry-only panels and speakers
• First access to master classes and workshops as well as with scheduling appointments in the Experts' Corner
• Invitations to industry-only events both at Bohemian National Hall and off-premises gatherings
On April 27, Lee Abbamonte – the youngest American to visit every country in the world – will be the Sunday Afternoon Keynote Speaker from noon to 1 p.m.
Also on April 27, G Adventures founder Bruce Poon Tip will serve as the headline speaker for the Matador Network Speaker Series from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. In a session entitled “Transformation in Travel,” Poon Tip will discuss lessons from his experiences as an entrepreneur and sustainable travel advocate, as well as his new book, Looptail.
Tickets for attending just April 27’s portion of New York Trav Fest are at $12 through April 15, then $15 at the door.
All ticket holders will receive discounts on tours offered through participating New York City based tour companies. For tickets and a complete schedule, visit http://nytravfest.com.
About the New York Travel Festival:
Produced by RW Social, the New York Travel Festival reinvents the concept of the consumer travel show. Designed for tech-savvy, immersive travelers, New York Trav Fest will feature two days of valuable content: Saturday, April 26 at Bohemian National Hall and Sunday, April 27 at Hostelling International-
Contact: (917) 719-1083, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter at @NYtravfest
New York Travel Festival
New York Travel Festival