The new PLM-HDR platform implements a transparent bridge between AC or DC power lines and external serial port. Designed as a ready-to-use, fully transparent and highly configurable system, it provides a simple way of adding Ariane’s PLC technology to virtually any serial communication-
The PLM-HDR features the PLM-1 modem operating at higher communication frequency, with extended packet length and increased data rate. This enables improved reliability in challenging power line conditions and makes possible new applications.
Besides the PLM-1 IC, the PLM-HDR platform includes a 16-bit low-cost microcontroller and an optimized and cost-effective Analog Front-End circuit.
The PLM-HDR is offered as reference design, which includes complete circuit schematic, list of components and microcontroller binary file.
An evaluation board (AC-EDP6-PLM-
- Direct replacement of wired networks (like RS-232 or RS-485) with powerline communication
- Easy integration of PLC modem in application-
- Transparent bridge between serial port and power lines
- Easy addition of PLC capability to any system, with no programming required
- High dynamic range powerline communication on AC, DC or un-powered lines
- Effective PLC data rate up to 40 kbps
- Transmission of long data packets (up to 65 Kbytes)
- Serial baud rates from 600 to 250 000 bits/s
- Easy configuration of communication parameters
The PLM-1 is a digital modem implementing a half-duplex transmitter/
Complete information on the PLM-1 can be found at http://www.arianecontrols.com/
Detailed information on the PLM-HDR can be found at http://arianecontrols.com/
More information on IP licensing can be found at http://arianecontrols.com/
About Ariane Controls
ARIANE CONTROLS is a powerline communication (PLC) technology developer offering highly differentiated solutions. With more than a million nodes installed to date, Ariane Controls provides components suppliers and systems integrators with the least expensive, most reliable communication solution for building automation, smart grid or any custom application. Learn more at http://www.arianecontrols.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.