The annual event, held the third weekend of May, benefits Galveston’s Family Service Center with a percentage of profits going towards the Island non-profit.
Friday, May 16
· 6 p.m. - Festival & craft beer booth opens
· 6:30-8:30 p.m. - Live music
· 8:30 – 8:45 p.m. - Introduction of 2014 Bathing Beauties from
· 8:45-10 p.m. - Free outdoor showing of “Girl Happy,” starring Elvis Presley
Saturday, May 17
· 12 p.m. - Festival, vendors and craft beer booth opens
· 12 – 5 p.m. - Family Service Center’s “Retro-Active”
· 12 – 3 p.m. - Charcoal Championship Cookoff
· 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. - Vendor demonstrations on main stage
· 5 – 7 p.m. - Bathing Beauties Contest
· 7 – 8 p.m. - Live music by The Octanes
· 8:15 – 10 p.m. - Live music by Grand Old Grizzly
About the Galveston Island Beach Revue
Dubbed the "Pageant of Pulchritude"
About Hotel Galvez & Spa®
Hotel Galvez & Spa®, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-
About Galveston Island
Galveston Island is a historic beach town located on the Gulf of Mexico just 50 miles from Houston. The island is best known as a vacation destination, offering 32 miles of beaches, a variety of family attractions, Texas’ premier cruise port and one of the largest and well-preserved concentrations of Victorian architecture in the country. For more information on Galveston Island visit www.galveston.com or call 1-888-GAL-ISLE.
For more information on the Sixth Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue presented by Hotel Galvez & Spa®, please contact Adrienne Culpepper, Event Coordinator, at 409-770-7360 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.galvestonbeachrevue.com.