Key industry participants such as DuPont, Segetis and Biofine have already developed patented technologies for levulinic acid commercialization through renewable sources. These companies are presently scouting for potential partners to share risk and cost, while working on reducing product costs. Current levulinic acid costs between USD 5 to 8 per kilo, with a target price of less than USD 1 per kilo, it is expected that the reduced price will open a host of opportunities including energy, transportation, green chemicals and specialty polymers.
The report “Levulinic Acid Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts to 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
• Global levulinic acid consumption was estimated at 2,606.2 tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 3,820 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2014 to 2020. Market revenue is expected to reach USD 19.65 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% from 2014 to 2020.
• Pharmaceuticals and agriculture applications dominate levulinic acid demand, and accounted for 66% of global volumes in 2013. Agricultural applications include Organic potassium fertililizer DALA, 2--Methylindole-
• North America was the largest consumer of levulinic acid in 2013, accounting for over 41% of the global demand. Regional levulinic acid demand in North America is expected to reach 1,598.3 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2014 to 2020. The presence of large application industries in the region is the primary reason for high growth and rapid consumption.
• Key companies in the levulinic acid space include DuPont, Segetis and Biofine. These companies presently have technology ready and are in various stages of commercialization and application development. The global market is also characterized by the presence of an unorganized market in China, with key suppliers being Jiangsu Yancheng China Flavor Chemicals Co, Hebei Langfang Triple Well Chemicals Co.Ltd, and Shijiazhuang Pharmaceutical Group Ouyi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd. among others.
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global levulinic acid market on the basis of application and region:
• Levulinic Acid Application Outlook,
• Agriculture (Organic potassium fertililizer DALA, 2--Methylindole-
• Food Additives
• Levulinic Acid Regional Outlook,
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World
• Bio-based Levulinic Acid Potential Downstream Platform Outlook,
• Methyltetrahydrofuran (MTHF)
• Delta aminolevulinic acid (DALA)
• Diphenolic Acid
Request Sample of This Report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Latest Market Research Published By Grand View Research:
Global Specialty Fuel Additives Market Expected To Reach USD 8,517.6 Million by 2020 ( http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Global Intelligent Virtual Assistant Market to Reach USD 3,071.9 Million by 2020 ( http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com
Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist
Grand View Research, Inc
San Francisco, California, USA
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519