Tax measures include:
Corporate Tax (CT) and Indirect Tax:
* CT rate will reduce to 21% from April 2014 and further by 1% in April 2015, unifying the CT rate with the small profits rate in 2015.
* By the end of 2015, annual investment allowance will be doubled from GBP 250,000 to GBP 500,000.
* From April 2014, R&D tax relief for loss-making SMEs will enhance with the R&D payable tax credit increasing to 14.5% (currently 11%) for qualifying expenditure.
* Companies within a group will not be allowed to gain corporation tax advantages incurred due to transfer of profits:
1.Transfer of full or partial profits to another company in the group, will be considered to be under the tax avoidance arrangement and will be taxed as if no transfer had taken place.
2. This new rule will be applicable on all profits transferred on or after 19 March 2014.
* Fuel Benefit Charges (FBC) for Cars & Vans and Van Benefits Charges (VBC) will increase in line with the RPI figure for September 2014.
* Value Added Tax (VAT) registration and deregistration taxable limits will be increased as follows:
1. Turnover limit for VAT registration will increase to GBP 81,000 (from GBP 79,000).
2. Turnover limit for VAT deregistration will be increased to GBP 79,000 (from GBP 77,000).
3. Registration and deregistration limit applicable on acquisitions undertaken from other EU member states will be increased to GBP 81,000 (from GBP 79,000).
* Simplified reporting requirement i.e. three line accounts used for the income tax self assessment return will remain in line with the VAT registration limit.
* 10% tax rate for savers (low income savers) will be abolished and replaced with 0% tax rate from April 2015. Further, the savings rate band will be increased to GBP 5,000.
* To support individuals for better retirement planning:
1. From 6 April 2014, the tax free personal allowance will increase to GBP 10,000. This will further increase to GBP 10,500 in April 2015.
2. For individuals born after 5 April 1948, the basic rate threshold will be reduced to GBP 31,785 for tax year 2015-16.
3. Raise the rate tax limit for personal taxes to GBP 41,865 (April 2014) and GBP 42,285 (April 2015).
* Couples or civil partners may transfer to their spouses/partners, GBP 1,050 out of their personal allowance (subject to certain conditions and introduction of suitable legislation in the Finance Bill 2014).
* From 6 April 2014, all employee Share Incentive Plans (SIP) limits for employees will increase i.e. the maximum value of shares that may be acquired by employees would be as follows:
1. GBP 3,600 for ‘free’ shares .
2. GBP 1,800 for ‘partnership shares’.
Nair & Co. advises companies operating in the United Kingdom to monitor the progress of the fiscal budget and to carry out a detailed analysis of how these changes will impact their business.
For more information about doing business overseas (http://www.nair-
Get the latest news releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts (http://www.nair-
About Nair & Co.
Nair & Co., the leader in international business expansion services, provides accounting, HR, legal, tax and compliance services for the set up and management of your international operations. Our model of a single-point-
Media Contacts: For media enquiries or to learn to more about Nair & Co., please email us at email@example.com or call Yvonne Smith at +1.408.501.8867
408 501 8867
408 501 8867