This information was recently shared in the blog “Key Takeaways from SxSW (http://mistyfaucheux.com/
Key lessons from the sessions included the following:
· Twitter considering taking away “@” in replies since Twitter considers them arcane, but Twitter fans may take issue with this change. Twitter may also be remove hashtags for the same reason.
· Facebook hashtags aren’t working as well as was expected. In fact, panelists indicated that the use of hashtags is negatively affecting posts, both virally and organically.
· Nearly 80% of U.S. college students are using Snapchat, and they’re sharing information on this platform that they don’t share on other social networks.
· Organizations are gathering digital information both foreground (what you say publicly on social networks, etc.) and background data (metadata like location, environmental, health, time, etc.) This is creating an online “digital body language” for everyone, which brands could use for marketing purposes.
· Personalized ads are the future of digital marketing. One session showed that brand love uses the same pathways as “real” love. This means that brands need to make an emotional connection with people to create this brand love. This may mean that the future of advertising lies in personalized ads.
Faucheux Enterprises specializes in digital marketing, especially content marketing, content writing, search engine optimization, social media and email marketing. The company is based in Denver, Colorado, and started in 2005. Misty Faucheux, company owner, has more than 15 years experience in the digital marketing space. Learn more about the company by visiting mistyfaucheux.com.