- Houston Homebuyer Assistance – This program helps homebuyers purchase a new or existing homes using financial assistance from the City of Houston. The maximum sales price cannot exceed $200,160 with down payment assistance funding amount of up to $19,500 is available. This is a city wide program with a ten (10 year) affordability period.
· - Houston HOPE – Up to $30,000 of down payment assistance funding available. Only available for Houston Hope and Revitalization areas.
· - Workforce Housing – Up to $30,000 of down payment funding available. Available for new properties only.
· - Harris County DAP – Maximum amount of $14,400 is available for homes located in unincorporated areas of Harris County, Baytown and Pasadena.
· - Texas HOYO – Home Your Own Program that is available to first time home buyers with disabilities. Home must be located in Blanco, Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Dallas, Fort Bend, Harris, Hays, Johnson, Montgomery, Parker, Tarrant, Travis of Williamson counties. Up to $20,000 of down payment assistance is available.
· - Montgomery County Home Fund Program – Assistance of $7,500 - $14,500 available to those who qualify. Must purchase a home in Montgomery County (outside Conroe city limits).
· - Homes With Honor Programs – available to low and moderate income US Military Veterans looking to buy a house for personal use in the entire State of Texas.
There is no reason not to be able to buy a home in Texas, especially in Houston and surrounding areas. With your decent credit and ability to pay for a mortgage, down payment is no longer an obstacle in buying a house. Call AMCAP Mortgage at 281-860-2533 X 106 for more information.