PRLog - March 20, 2014 - BANGALORE, India -- PHYTEC launches a rugged INDUSTRIAL I/O Board for high end industrial control applications called “ phyBOARD - RANA “. It is a Single Board Computer (SBC) based on phyCORE AM335x System On Module (SOM) and is powered by Texas Instrument AM335x family based, SITARA ARM Cortex-A8 CPU.
phyBOARD RANA-AM335x SBC
This low-cost board is ideal for industrial control and manufacturing systems such as industrial automation, embedded machine control, production line verification, IOT based applications and many more. Furthermore, it delivers a high-reliability industrial feature set designed to automate even the most demanding applications.
The phyBOARD RANA Board is a rich featured community supported development platform for engineers to immediately develop applications with Linux, Android, WinCE & QT.
The core of the RANA Board is the phyCORE-AM335x SOM. The SOM is soldered directly to the base board. This 220 pin SOM interconnect allows interface such as USB OTG, Ethernet, CAN & display. These interfaces from the SOM are routed to the I/O connectors on the board. Many more things can be explored and integrated with add-on boards for different interfaces like Wi-Fi/BT, GSM/GPS, various types of LCD’s with Resistive & Capacitive, Sensors like Gyro, Compass, Barometer, Accelerometer, Thermometer using PHYTEC Capes or Community Capes of BeagleBone.
The Texas Instruments AM335x family of microprocessors, featuring a Sitara™ ARM® Cortex™-A8 CPU, delivers up to 1 GHz high-performance, ultra-low power, and a highly integrated peripheral set.
PHYTEC SOMs have been deployed in thousands of systems across a wide variety of industrial verticals like:
- Building Automation - Medical equipment
- Industrial Automation - Military and Aerospace
- Green Computing - Security
- Smart energy system - Fitness equipment
About PHYTEC :
- 27 years old Embedded Hardware development & Manufacturing German Company founded by Mr. Karl Neubecker.
- Has subsidiaries at France, US, India & China.
- Embedded processor Module manufacturers called SOM( System On Module) in other words, Embedded Motherboards used directly in Embedded Products.
- Latest processor of ARM (ARM-9, ARM-11, ARM Cortex-A8, Cortex-
- PHYTEC have its own Manufacturing / Production Unit in Germany.
- PHYTEC is funding its continuous growth and expanding international presence entirely through its operations.
For more information on product :
Mr. Raghavendra Bhagwath
Head – Business Development
Phytec Embedded Pvt Ltd, India
Contact : +91-80-40867046
Mobile : +91-9741400123