Fast Turn-Around Ip-Studio Workflow
Viarte standards conversion/transcoding gets a near-linear boost in throughput versus the number of Viarte servers, using isovideo's latest innovative, extremely efficient and scalable video splitting technology. This technology allows a network of Viarte server cluster to work together to dramatically
increase throughput, while also allowing on-the-fly live IP file streams or file ingest, standards conversion, transcoding to multiple formats, and transport. Realtime on-the-fly processing dramatically reduces studio production turn-around, pushing out high quality file streams (possibly dozens for large
clusters) in multiple formats, thereby allowing fast start of downstream workflow tasks such as:
• archiving lossless compressed or high-quality compressed such as prores-hq,
• proxies for editing or quick review,
• preparing and sending files to streaming servers,
• pushing converted files to NAS or SAN storage for IP workflows.
Viarte stream-based processing opens up a whole new set of applications beyond file-based operation. With the Vilan capture server sending true lossless-compressed HD/UHD over IP to one or more Viarte servers, a continuous video stream can be received and processed by networked, GPU accelerated Viarte cluster in realtime and with low delay. Cost-effective Vilan systems can be used at capture/contribution to send either compressed lossless video (equivalent to uncompressed)
Viarte low-delay splitting technology also enables years of valuable accumulated high quality archives to be made instantly accessible with various formats on demand (including different frame rate/resolution/
• Superior Conversion Quality: Viarte's motion compensated (MC) deinterlacer is the only technology that offers GPU-accelerated realtime HD throughput with 100% vertical resolution, no visible flicker, and a substantial 17% average reduction in HEVC/H.264 bitrates. Viarte's MC frame-rate conversion offers smooth and clean video for any frame-rate in common use. Its adjustable, accurately simulated motion blur reduces playback motion judder when converting from higher to lower frame-rates. Added motion blur has the further benefit of significant savings in compressed bandwidth with subsequent H.264/HEVC compression.
• Low Delay: latency is less than 15s, from ingest to first output stream.
• High Throughput: for example, realtime (or even faster than realtime) archive quality encoding, UHD/4k/8k frame rate conversions can be achieved with a large cluster. Note that performance is dependent on total processing tasks with given resources.
• Highly flexible configuration:
• Highly efficient pipelined execution from ingest to final delivery.
• Easy workflow integration via NFS, SMB or Open-iSCSI mounts. Efficient scalability up to Class-C network capacity supports automatic and redundant server discovery, and synchronous individual server maintenance shut-down.
Viarte server installations at central facilities enable on-the-fly local transcoding via remote live feeds, avoiding sending multiple derived formats from capture, and thereby saving significant bandwidth. In addition, the cost associated with renting and operating standards conversion/transcoding systems at the remote event location can be reduced significantly.
Viarte was one of five winners of the prestigious Game-Changer Awards by the IABM/NAB 2013, and was recognized as having the greatest potential to revolutionize the industry by a panel of impartial experts.
isovideo is an innovative start-up company in the digital media technology and servicing industry. We specialize in IP-based, GPU accelerated, video processing systems and services for TV/film, sports networks and media production / distribution. isovideo offers the highest quality, low-delay, high
throughput, flexible Viarte standards conversion/transcoding/
deinterlacer. For more information visit http://www.isovideo.com