The premise was simple: a start-up company that would bring all the best independent geospatial contractors in Brisbane under one roof. Many start-ups don’t get past their first year of business, but since its small beginnings GIS People has continued to go from strength to strength and can now count many leading Australian organisations among its clients. There have some major achievements over the past few years, including:
- Assembling the most knowledgeable vendor-independent experts in the business.
- The launch of a dedicated training division, GIS College (http://www.giscollege.com.au/)
- Further expansion of services to include Remote Sensing.
- Organising a hugely successful International GIS Day 2013 event in Brisbane.
- Several great awards rankings in 2013.
GIS People also can’t wait to see what the future holds. There are many new projects in the pipeline that, including the upcoming Queensland Globe Roadshow (http://queenslandglobe.com.au/