SpoolCAD V2 builds on the success of its first release in October of 2012. As a result of continued consultation with industrial pipe fabricators, PROCAD is delivering new tools to boost drafting productivity and improve fabrication processes. SpoolCAD is a complete spool drafting package with included CAD platform.
Here’s a quote by a SpoolCAD user on his experience with the software: “SpoolCAD has provided Target with a comprehensive spec-driven fabrication spool drafting solution with complete BOM and weld listing functionality. SpoolCAD is more adaptable than other programs we have used for this and I believe this software would be a good fit for any pipe fabricator.”
The new version offers a brand new module and a long list of new features, including:
- New Shop Settings Manager module to customize weld and fabrication settings
- Function to add up spool weights
- Quick count of total weld diameter-inches
- Ability to define weld gaps by individual pipe size
- Option to include or exclude weld gaps when dimensioning
- Customizable weld list table
- Choice of weld ID tags
- Addition of heat numbers in the BOM
- Pipe end prep tagging
- New attribute-rich border drawings for English and Metric units
Visit PROCAD for more information. To join the community, “Like” the PROCAD Facebook site, follow @procad_software and join the conversation at #procadsoftware.
About PROCAD Software
For the past 25 years, PROCAD Software has been supporting the piping design and fabrication industries with innovative software solutions. EPCs, owner-operators and energy companies involved in the design and construction of plant facilities have used and continue to rely on PROCAD piping design software. For more information about PROCAD, please visit www.procad.com.
® SpoolCAD is a registered trademark of PROCAD Software