• Sydney had the greatest growth in home values of all Australian capital cities throughout 2013, with home values increasing by 14.5%
• Melbourne dwelling values have increased by 8.5% in the last 12 months.
• Brisbane home values increased by 5.1% over the twelve months to December 2013.
• Adelaide home values have increased by 3.0% over the past year compared to a 0.6% increase in unit values.
• After a long cycle of underperforming, Perth home values have increased by 9.9% over the past year.
• Hobart home values have increased by 2.2% over the last 12 months.
• Median house prices: Perth $750,000, Brisbane $600,000, Darwin $600,000, Adelaide $510,000 Melbourne $495,000 and Hobart $420,000.
• Median unit prices: Sydney $646,000, Perth $570,000, Darwin $470,000, Brisbane $465,000, Hobart $410,000, Melbourne $399,000 and Adelaide $365,000.
• Median rent for units: Sydney $710p.w, Perth $600p.w, Brisbane $560p.w, Melbourne $450p.w, Adelaide $410p.w and Hobart $400p.w.