The new J2 Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) bracelet offers an alternative login solution for particularly busy and difficult applications. As AURES’ UK Sales Director, Richard Heitmann describes: “It is particularly suited to hospitality where the speed of service is vital. Our high-speed security device offers seamless automatic login with multiple overlapping server or clerk transactions.”
ETC’s design brief called for an automatic login device that was faster and more secure than a Dallas Key, at the same time more reliable and cost-effective than a fingerprint reader. ETC Managing Director, Gunter Hermans observes: “J2 have utilised RFID technology to its fullest extent to satisfy the unique needs of our hospitality clients. It is now extremely easy for multiple operators to securely log in or log out of the POS system and perform overlapping sales”.
The J2 RFID proximity reader offers different levels of security and utilises a wristband, tag or card reader. Key benefits of the new technology include:
· Increased sales efficiency - provides a fast, seamless, automatic login and instant user identification;
· Multiple overlapping clerk transactions - allows one operator to use POS system whilst another operator is midway through a sales transaction;
· LED Status Indicator - lights up when RFID is in range. The J2 proximity reader has a read distance of 3cm;
· Ideal for wet/greasy environment - completely eradicates the problem of fingerprint/
· Provides an audit trail - all transaction data is automatically saved to a unique RFID operator code;
· Fast and simple installation - the J2 RFID device is easy to install and configure due to a USB interface;
· Secure and foolproof operation - automatically monitors employees through overlapping clerk transactions;
· Can integrate into RFID security systems - J2 RFID can be used in conjunction with other RFID security systems such as door entry control.
The J2 RFID proximity reader is available with the J2 225 and J2 600 series of computers. In common with all J2 products, this new device is offered with a full 3-year parts & labour warranty together with RoHS and WEEE compliance.