Developed by SophosLabs, thisnew SophosUTM approach brings together multiple technologiesto rapidly identifyand isolate infected clients and preventcommunication with malicious command and control hosts. This latest version introduces Botnet protection and cloud-based sandboxing to expand on the Sophos UTM’s existing multi-layer Firewall, Web, Email and Endpoint protection. This extends the Sophos commitment to small and mid market companies, delivering access to advanced protection without the complexity and cost normally associated with such functionality.
“The initial stages of targeted attacks can often go unnoticed by security systems that don’t control incoming and outgoing traffic. For organizations with limited IT resources, investing time and money in a dedicated ATP solution to detect these early signs is simply not realistic, given how tricky, complex and fast moving this type of traffic is,” says Chris Kraft, vice president, product management, Sophos. “That's what we wanted to change. Today, with a few simple clicks, users get advanced protection without needing to be full-time security experts themselves.”
This new releasealso significantly enhances speed of security scanning with initial datashowing the new performance optimized IPS doubling throughput speed in test environments. The Email, Web, and Network Protection modules all experience significant enhancements, including:
· Simplified Email Encryption and DLP - Sophos SPX technology eliminatesneed for a separate Public Key Infrastructure and policy-based DLP can trigger automatic encryption
· Smarter Web Control – streamlined policy setup enables granular user control and transparent web filtering of https traffic providesseamless protection
· Mobile Access Control – enhances WiFi and VPN security by combiningSophos UTM with Mobile Device Management functionality in Sophos Mobile Control
· Performance Optimized IPS –intelligent processes and pattern management deliver enhanced scanning speeds to rapidly block network attacks and prevent breaches
· Botnet/Command and Control Protection –Sophos Advanced Threat Protection identifies and blocks infected machines communicating with malware command and control servers
“The UTM market is one of the most competitive in security. Numerous features and applications have been added over the past few years, and we’re increasingly seeing solutions are providing more effective security and better performance,”
“Students are smart and always find ways to circumvent security, so schools are always in need of better ways to manage their web access and block inappropriate content,” says Bart Wilson, systems support manager, from Twotrees Technologies LLC, a Sophos partner. “UTM 9.2 is a huge step forward in solving this problem. By adding https traffic to web filtering in transparent mode, Sophos will help our customers to take back control – especially with so many students browsing on mobile devices.“
For additional information on all of the features in Sophos UTM 9.2 and extra information on Sophos’ network security solutions, please visit www.sophos.com/
More than 100 million users in 150 countries rely on Sophos’ complete security solutions as the best protection against complex threats and data loss. Simple to deploy, manage, and use, Sophos’ award-winning encryption, endpoint security, web, email, mobile and network security solutions are backed by SophosLabs - a global network of threat intelligence centers.
Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, UK. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Middle East Media Contact:
Nirmala D’souza – Mob: +971 50 7343840
Anila D’Souza – Mob: +971 55 8754851
Oak Consulting FZLLC