Small lifestyle changes at home can greatly affect our immediate and global environment, such as reducing landfill waste, airborne toxins and fumes, and preserving natural reserves. Heart To Heart shares five tips on going green at home, and calls on members of the community to band together for greener and cleaner neighborhoods. To get involved, adopt some of these simple practices to make a positive green imprint on your community.
- Give up disposable bags! Paper or plastic? Bring your own. Reusable grocery bags help to reduce the amount of trees cut down to make paper bags and the amount of non-biodegradable materials from plastic bags.
- Turn off your computer completely at night, instead of letting it overcharge. This will save on your energy bill, while also preserving your battery's lifetime.
- Before making that new item purchase, do the research to see if it's something you could find from a yard sale or consignment shop, cutting down on landfill waste.
- Replace one meal a week with a vegetarian option. Not only is it healthy for you, it saves hundreds of gallons of water (it takes 100 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of ground beef)!
- Introduce houseplants to your home. They increase oxygen circulation and bring peaceful energy to a space.
“We're so fortunate to be in a state where many green initiatives are already underway, and we are proud to join the cause,” said Shiggy Rosenberg, Vice President at Heart To Heart Healthcare. “The planet is the most important resource we have. It's our home above all else so we have to take care of it."
New York and New Jersey based Heart To Heart is a healthcare agency specializing in home care and the related health services provided to individuals at home. Additionally, Heart To Heart is currently branching out into many new and exciting arenas.
In New York, Heart To Heart’s portfolio will include social adult day care, case management and concierge services. In New Jersey they will be providing customized adult day programs, group homes, case management
and support coordination, pediatric and skilled nursing, concierge services and behavioral support and intervention.
For more information on Heart To Heart's NY services, please call 718-305-5959 or email email@example.com. For more information on Heart To Heart's NJ services, please call 973-678-5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out their website at www.h2hhc.com. Like them at Facebook.com/