EBSCO Publishing has just released a new book summary. In today’s knowledge economy, organizations must rely on innovation as a source of competitive advantage. Unfortunately, many companies have not learned how to innovate in a systematic manner. In Innovative Intelligence, Dr. David S. Weiss and Claude P. Legrand discuss how organizations can close the innovation gap, stimulate innovative thinking among employees at all levels, and make innovation happen. The frameworks and tactics offered by the authors have been used by their clients and have been proven to help organizations innovate in a more consistent way.
Dr. David S. Weiss and Claude P. Legrand offers readers the following advice:
1. To close the innovation gap, organizations must learn to lead through complexity. Innovation gaps are defined as the difference between the importance of innovation stated by leaders and the organization’
2. Organizations should adopt a four-step innovative thinking process. Innovative thinking can be stimulated by creating a framework, redefining the issues, generating ideas, and planning the implementation.
3. Leaders play a central role in innovation. Leaders are at the center of any innovation effort. They must be skilled at leading themselves and entire enterprises, as well as leading intact work teams and innovation teams.
4. A culture of innovation is essential. To modify an organization’
5. An innovation plan supports systematic innovation within organizations. This plan must be business focused, executive team driven, and include risk management and metrics.
6. Once innovation is achieved, it must be sustained. Organizations should be mindful of the five challenges that make it difficult to sustain innovation. These include the time required to learn innovative thinking skills, adopting a clear innovative thinking process, comfort with ambiguity, commitment to innovation, and developing scalable innovation plans.
In addition to a 7-10 page summary of the book, each Business Book Summary includes a Key Concepts section that outlines the main points of the book, an About the Author section that informs readers of the author’s background as well as their additional written works, and a Features of the Book Section that explains the special features found within the book.
For busy professionals, Business Book Summaries from EBSCO provide an easy, quick way to stay on top of the best business books in the market. With many titles available in audio format, it becomes even easier to obtain the helpful information available in these top business titles.
For more information and to get free samples of Business Book Summaries, please visit www.bizsum.com.