Small lifestyle changes at home can greatly affect our immediate and global environment, such as reducing landfill waste, airborne toxins and fumes, and preserving natural reserves. Ditmas Park Rehab and Care Center shares five tips on going green at home, and calls on residents and members of the community to band together for greener and cleaner neighborhoods. To get involved, adopt some of these simple practices to make a positive green imprint on your community.
- Give up disposable bags! Paper or plastic? Bring your own. Reusable grocery bags help to reduce the amount of trees cut down to make paper bags and the amount of non-biodegradable materials from plastic bags.
- Turn off your computer completely at night, instead of letting it overcharge. This will save on your energy bill, while also preserving your battery's lifetime.
- Before making that new item purchase, do the research to see if it's something you could find from a yard sale or consignment shop, cutting down on landfill waste.
- Replace one meal a week with a vegetarian option. Not only is it healthy for you, it saves hundreds of gallons of water (it takes 100 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of ground beef)!
- Introduce houseplants to your home. They increase oxygen circulation and bring peaceful energy to a space.
Ditmas Park Rehab and Care Center is a 200-bed premier skilled nursing and rehabilitation care center providing comprehensive inpatient care to all of their residents. Located at 2107 Ditmas Ave Brooklyn, NY 11226, Ditmas Park's professional and compassionate staff provides around-the-clock medical and nursing care in a comfortable and caring environment that centers around its residents. Ditmas Park offers exceptional post-acute short-term rehabilitation as well as long-term care.
Ditmas Park Rehab and Care Center is home to the revolutionary Quick-N-Out rehabilitation program, designed to accelerate recovery time using aggressive therapy techniques catered to each patient to see that they return home as quickly as possible. In addition, Ditmas Park provides the full range of physical, occupational and speech therapy as well as wound-care and much more.
For more information on Ditmas Park Rehab and Care Center, visiting hours, or general inquiries, please call 718-462-8100 or email usatadministrator@
www.ditmasparkrehabcare.com. Like us athttps://www.facebook.com/