HR Unity was selected for its full integration, ease of use, and ability to deal with flexible working, overtime and time off in lieu (TOIL) in a way in that met Sentinel’s specific requirements.
Cathryn Gee, Head of HR at Sentinel Housing commented; “We were looking to automate as many HR and payroll processes as possible, saving time for both departments and enabling us to provide a more streamlined service to staff. Carval’s fully integrated solution together with their partnership approach was exactly what we were looking for.”
The introduction of Time and Attendance software and a Self-Service portal will enable staff to record their own information electronically. Line managers and team leaders will be able to manage absence within their teams more effectively. Staff will be able to request leave and submit their overtime hours and expenses online. This will also help to ensure accuracy of data held.
The integrated nature of HR Unity, where staff records are held just once and accessed by all parts of the system, and the ability to attach documents to employee records, means that Sentinel will be able to move away from paper files, and keep all staff information online. As well as reducing the Association’
John Ovington, Sales and Support Director at Carval Computing said; “Forward thinking organisations like Sentinel understand that extending the HR solution out to managers and staff provides a myriad of benefits. Staff feel more empowered because they are able to access their own records, request leave and record their hours. Managers are more in control of the day-to-day running of their teams and departments, and both Payroll and HR receive fewer queries and save huge amounts of time on administration leaving them free to concentrate on more strategic work. All of which leads to a more efficient organisation that is better able to deliver great service to its customers.”
For more information about Carval Computing and HR Unity please visit: www.carval.co.uk
Notes to Editors
About Sentinel Housing
· Sentinel is a leading provider of affordable homes across north Hampshire and beyond. The locally run independent housing association offers quality homes for rent and shared ownership in Basingstoke & Deane, East Hampshire, Eastleigh, Guildford, Hart, Rushmoor, Surrey Heath, Test Valley, Waverley, and Winchester.
· Sentinel was given a ‘special mention’ at the inaugural Erosh Innovation and Good Practice Awards in March 2013 to celebrate innovation and good practice in housing and support for our ageing population.
· Sentinel was awarded the Customer Service Excellence accolade in 2013, when assessors rated us highly for our friendly staff, great range of services and local community liaison.
· Sentinel works in partnership with local councils, NGOs and property developers to provide modern, affordable and social housing for individuals and families across the region.
· Sentinel is a not-for-profit organisation with headquarters in Basingstoke.
For more information please visit: www.sentinelha.org.uk
Founded in 1986, Carval is a leading provider of Human Resource Management and Payroll software.
The company’s HR Unity range of flexible and easy-to-use solutions is the only truly integrated HR, Payroll, Time & Attendance and Self-Service software available in the UK. The range comprises:
· Unistaff (HR software)
· Uniwage (Payroll software)
· Unitend (Time and Attendance software)
· Unity Online (Employee and Management Self-Service)
The HR Unity range includes a number of market-leading features. Unistaff HR Software includes recruitment, training & development, absence management and a P11d module as standard. Uniwage Payroll Software has both HMRC Enhanced Recognition and PAYE RTI Recognition.
Carval is committed to providing forward looking solutions that harness the latest proven technology, and meet current and expected legislation. Carval participated in HMRC’s RTI Pilot Scheme with many clients and as a result was able to deliver a mature product ahead of legislation coming into force.
Designed to provide a future proof solution, HR Unity supports an unlimited number of companies, employees and users. This flexibility enables the system to adapt and grow to meet business requirements over time.
Twice yearly legislative upgrades are provided free of charge so that users know that they are always using the latest commercially available version of the HR Unity range. This eliminates any concerns about obsolescence or budgeting for expensive upgrades.
With over 20 years’ experience and sector qualified professional staff, Carval understands business needs and works with clients and users to deliver a solution that's right. From 100 employees to 5,000 and from initial consultancy to implementation Carval have a solution to suit.
High profile clients include: Addison Lee, Colne Housing, UK Coal, Day Lewis plc, National Housing Federation, St Andrews Links Trust, The Royal Mint, and Scotmid Co-operative
For more information please visit:www.carval.co.uk
Tel: 01908 787700
Andreina West/Mary Phillips
Tel: 01491 639500