PRLog - March 6, 2014 - WEST YORKSHIRE, U.K. -- The cunningness of a favourite baddy! The magic of a fantasy world! The joy at a happy ending! - just some of the memories that stories from our childhood can evoke!
Miller Homes Supports World Book Day
In order to support a lifelong love of reading and books, and to encourage the escapism that a good book can bring, housebuilder Miller Homes has made a generous donation to Drighlington Primary School in honour of the annual World Book Day event, which is designed to encourage reading across the globe and takes place on 6th March this year.
"Reading is one of the most important skills we can give our children and to grow up with a passion for books will allow them to learn new things throughout their lives," said Sarah Whinfrey sales manager Miller Homes Yorkshire. "We are thrilled to be able to assist this village primary school by donating funds to support its reading programme."
Drighlington Primary is located in the heart of the village, close to Miller Homes' The Brookes development and has a structured literacy programme in line with the National Curriculum. Four pupils from Year 5 - who all aspire to be authors when they grow up - visited the development with their favourite books to accept the donation.
"We are delighted to accept this kind donation from the Miller Homes team and can assure them that it will be put to good use purchasing new books for our school," said Miss Victoria Gilbey, Literacy co-ordinator Drighlington Primary School. "Our children are encouraged to not only master the skills of reading, but to appreciate the wonder and excitement that can be contained within the pages of a book and this is why we actively support World Book Day in our school."
The children are currently writing their own short stories in class and their enjoyed a 'photo-shoot' in the show home study, appropriately decorated with Penguin Books wallpaper!
Sarah concluded, "It was lovely to welcome some children from the local school to our show home and we hope they continue to enjoy reading for many years to come."
Properties currently available at The Brookes include four bedroom detached homes priced from £247,750 and five bedroom detached homes from £346,000.
The Brookes is located off Whitehall Road, Drighlington, BD11 1LN. The sales office is open Thursday - Monday 10.30am - 5.30pm and the team can be contacted on 0808 250 6771. Further information can be found by visiting www.millerhomes.co.uk
Notes to editors:
• Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
• Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK –Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
• Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
• In 2013 Miller Homes retained its five star rating in the Home Builders Federation National New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
• Further information is available by visiting www.millerhomes.co.uk
Miller Homes Yorkshire has developments across the region in:
East Ardsley Sutton in Ashfield