Small lifestyle changes at home can greatly affect our immediate and global environment, such as reducing landfill waste, airborne toxins and fumes, and preserving natural reserves. Delmont Medical Care shares five tips on going green at home, and calls on residents and members of the community to band together for greener and cleaner neighborhoods. To get involved, adopt some of these simple practices to make a positive green imprint on your community.
- Give up disposable bags! Paper or plastic? Bring your own. Reusable grocery bags help to reduce the amount of trees cut down to make paper bags and the amount of non-biodegradable materials from plastic bags.
- Turn off your computer completely at night, instead of letting it overcharge. This will save on your energy bill, while also preserving your battery's lifetime.
- Before making that new item purchase, do the research to see if it's something you could find from a yard sale or consignment shop, cutting down on landfill waste.
- Replace one meal a week with a vegetarian option. Not only is it healthy for you, it saves hundreds of gallons of water (it takes 100 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of ground beef)!
- Introduce houseplants to your home. They increase oxygen circulation and bring peaceful energy to a space.
“We're fortunate to be in Long Island, where so many green initiatives are already underway, and we are proud to join the cause,” said Dr. Jacqueline Delmont, the Founder and CEO of Delmont Medical Care. “The planet is the most important resource we have. It's our home above all else so we have to take care of it.”
Dr. Jacqueline Delmont is a board certified Internist who has built a career serving low-income and underprivileged patients across Long Island and Queens. Dr. Delmont's medical team works closely with minority-led not-for-profit organizations. Dr. Jacqueline Delmont has established herself as a prolific lecturer and speaker, sharing her insights on a wide variety of health-related, women-related and community issues.
For more information on Dr. Jacqueline Delmont or Delmont Medical Care, please call 516 224 7460 or check out www.DelmontMedicalCare.com . Like us at Facebook.com/