PRLog - March 3, 2014 - TORONTO -- The people have spoken! From coast to coast Canadians have nominated and voted for their favorite mompreneurs – those innovative, creative and inspiring women who juggle entrepreneurship, businesses and families. Over 75,000 votes were cast for close to 100 nominees.
The Mompreneur 2014 Award of Excellence www.themompreneur.com/award
This year, award presenters Mompreneur® Showcase Group Inc., ParentsCanada Magazine, and Savvy Mom Media have added an extra level of competition. Wildcard entries have been added as finalists, allowing for two standout entries that the judges felt should be up for consideration (businesses that came into the voting period late or may not have a large community of supporters to back them), to have the opportunity to compete for the award.
With the voting phase now over, the TOP TWELVE finalists have been announced, representing the diverse talent and vast landscape of Canadian Business Excellence!
1. Lux Keepsake Quilts - Angel Dutrisac - BARRIE, ON
2. Coupon Christine - Christine Hicks - LONDON, ON
3. Easy Daysies - Elaine Tan Comeau -MAPLE RIDGE, BC
4. Dressed to Deliver - Julie Berg - GUELPH, ON
5. TravelBug Baby - Sheree Wells - TORONTO, ON
6. Bauer Barrels - Ashley Thorpe-Bauer -BURLINGTON, ON
7. Oemi Baby Inc. - Vanessa Richardson - WHITBY, ON
8. SwaggerTag - Karen Walker - TORONTO, ON
9. Sleep Belt Inc. - Hayley Mullins - TORONTO, ON
10. Signature Little Ones - Patricia Mercurio -RICHMOND HILL, ON
11. MyColdCup - Gwenda Lindhorst-Ko - OTTAWA, ON
12. Lice Squad Canada Inc. - Dawn Mucci - COOKSTOWN, ON
A complete description of these businesses is available at www.themompreneur.com/
Now the task of selecting Canada’s favorite Mompreneur® will be left to an expert panel of judges. The winner will be chosen based on a set of specific criteria including track record of success, innovation of business idea, and impact on community. The Mompreneur® Award of Excellence will be awarded at The Mompreneurs® Conference & Awards Gala on Saturday, March 22nd, 2014 during the dinner celebration from 6pm-9pm.
For more information on the Conference and Awards Gala, to obtain a Media Pass, or to interview these inspiring women on the impact they make on their local business community, please contact us below.
For media inquiries contact:
PR and Media Relations Coordinator
For information on the Mompreneur® Award of Excellence, visit: www.themompreneur.com/
SavvyMom Media (www.savvymom.ca)
ParentsCanada magazine (www.ParentsCanada.com)
Mompreneur® Showcase Group Inc.
Mompreneur Showcase Group Inc. (www.TheMOMpreneur.com)