PRLog - March 3, 2014 - Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers, Delivering the Cavendish Review Conference
Friday, 30 May 2014
Expert Speakers Include:
• Chair: Kirk Lower, National Programme Lead, Bands 1-4 Programme, Health Education East of England
• Stephen Welfare, Managing Director, Health Education East of England and National Lead Director, Bands 1-4 Programme, Health Education England
• Angela Grainger, Assistant Director of Nursing, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Consultant Editor, British Journal of Healthcare Assistants
About the Event:
Following her Independent Review into Healthcare Assistants (HCAs) and Support Workers in NHS and Social Care Settings, Camilla Cavendish developed a series of recommendations aimed at improving the quality and safety of care delivered by unregistered support staff. The Government has accepted the findings and work is now underway to ensure healthcare assistants and social care support workers receive the high quality, consistent training and support they need.
This unique conference provides an opportunity to look at the Government response and to explore the recommendations being be taken forward. It also delivers a practical guide to implementing the recommendations on the ground, featuring examples of where leading health and care employers are already delivering ‘best in class’ existing HCA development pathways. Hear the latest guidance and information on how you can deliver similar programmes to improve the quality and safety of HCA and support staff practice.
Benefits of attending Include:
• Explore the Government response to the Cavendish Review and hear directly from the key sector organisations taking it forward
• Understand how a ‘Certificate of Fundamentals of Care’ is being created and how it will be delivered on the ground
• Produce systems to ensure that support staff have the required bridge to advanced skills and further career development opportunities
For more information:
Contact: Amna Khan on 020 7202 0562 or email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter @capitaconf #capitaconf