Beta-Lactamase Inhibitor Screening Kit
- Feb. 28, 2014 - MILPITAS, Calif. --
Antibiotics containing β-lactam rings inhibit transpeptidases, enzymes that participate in the biosynthesis of bacterial cell walls. Penams, Carbapenems, Cephems, Clavams, Oxacephems and Monobactams have been widely used for the treatment of bacterial infections since the discovery of penicillin, the first β-Lactam antibiotic, and its bactericidal effect more than eighty years ago. These antibiotics containing β-lactam rings are highly susceptible to be hydrolyzed by enzymatic activity of beta-lactamases, which deactivates their antibiotic potency. Beta-Lactamases are a large family of hydrolases comprising more than 850 identified members expressed in Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. These can be classified according to their substrate or inhibitor specificity. Beta-Lactamases have become a significant clinical threat due to the alarming number of cases of bacterial strains showing β-lactam antibiotic resistance. Beta-Lactamase inhibition, therefore, has become an urgent target in the treatment of bacterial infections displaying β-Lactam resistance.Beta-Lactamase Inhibitor Screening Kit (Colorimetric) (Catalog # K804-100) - 100 assays:
BioVision’s Beta-Lactamase Inhibitor Screening Kit utilizes the ability of the beta-lactamase to hydrolyze Nitrocefin, a well-known beta-lactamase substrate. In the presence of Clavulanic Acid-a potent inhibitor of beta-lactamase, the rate of hydrolysis of the substrate is decreased.Key Features and Benefits of the Kit:
- Simple & sensitive
- High-throughput suitable
- Useful for screening/studying/
characterizing beta-lactamase inhibitors for efficient treatment of antibiotic resistant bacterial infections
- Colorimetric (OD 490 nm) quantification
- Includes inhibitor control, clavulanic acid
For more information, please visithttp://www.biovision.com/beta-lactamase-inhibitor-screeni...
Beta-Lactamase Activity Colorimetric Assay Kit (Catalog # K803-100) 100 assays:
The assay is based on the hydrolysis of Nitrocefin, a chromogenic cephalosporin, that results in the generation of a colored product (OD 490 nm), which is directly proportional to the amount of beta-lactamase activity.Key Features and Benefits of the kit
- Rapid & convenient
- Useful for measuring beta-lactamase activity in various biological samples & analyzing beta-lactamase activity in pathological conditions
- Compatible with various sample types such as serum, urine & saliva from mammals infected with beta-lactamase secreting bacteria, food (e.g. milk), fermentation media, bacterial cultures, etc.
- Detects beta lactamase activity as low as 0.06 mU in a variety of samples
- Colorimetric quantification (OD = 490 nm)
For more information, please visit:http://www.biovision.com/beta-lactamase-activity-colorime...