Did you know that your brain responds to auditory sounds even when it is sleeping? Researchers with expertise in sleep have just released an app called Sleep Smart Alarm Clock that takes advantage of this fact – focusing on ways to enrich deep sleep and gradually awaken users in the morning in order to ward off sleep inertia.
Our app is the first app designed to enhance deep sleep by identifying deep sleep cycles and playing auditory stimulation to improve sleep.
* Sleep Smart monitors movements during the night using the sensitive accelerometer in your iPhone.
* Sleep Smart then delivers tones to enhance slow waves and improve sleep.
* Smart Wake’s Wake Smart feature awakens you in the morning in your lightest sleep phase.
* Sleep Smart is based on recent advances in sleep science showing that specific tones can enhance slow waves and improve memory.
- Monitors and displays sleep cycles.
- Delivers tones that enhance deep sleep.
- Smart Wake feature that awakens you in your lightest sleep phase. Our smart wake is better than the rest because it plays soothing sounds to help you awaken instead of an alarm sound.
- A reliable alarm clock optimized for iOS 7: it goes off even when the app is in the background.
- An alarm clock that goes off even when your phone is muted.
- Volume adjustment for tones to get the maximum positive effect on sleep.
- Adjustable sensitivity and calibration of movement tracking.
- Detailed sleep statistics and sleep graphs for every night.
- Track sleep quality in easily modifiable sleep diary.
- Evaluate your sleep amounts, sleep efficiency, sleep quality, deep sleep, bedtime and auditory stimulation to see what impacts your sleep.
- Export sleep data for detailed analysis.
- High quality alarm melodies.
- Easy to use help and info screens.
- Unbiased check of sleep improvement by delivering tones randomly on some nights so that you do not know whether stimulation occurred or not.
Try it out!
You can test out if the application works for you by using the testing feature within the app where the audiotory stimulation is randomly played
We are cognitive scientists and neuroscientists with expertise in sleep. Daniel Gartenberg is a PhD candidate at George Mason who has experience making sleep apps and Dmitry Gerashchenko M.D. Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor at the VA Boston Healthcare System and an Instructor at the Harvard Medical School, an internationally-
Our contact information is below: