PRLog - Feb. 28, 2014 - Business Book Summary of The Athena Doctrine
EBSCO Publishing has just released a new book summary. The world today is faced with economic adversities, ever changing technology, and persistent social problems. To address these challenges, people must use sincerity, creativity, and empathy to create sustainable solutions. Given this context, John Gerzema and Michael D’Antonio wondered whether people around the world might be placing greater value on the feminine side of human nature. They surveyed thousands of people worldwide and found that feminine leadership styles are admired as effective ways to solve today’s problems. Gerzema and D’Antonio describe this approach in The Athena Doctrine and found evidence of this theory in action in numerous countries around the globe.
John Gerzema and Michael D’Antonio offers readers the following advice:
· Gerzema’s survey found that people believe personal success is based on a mix of masculine and feminine traits and close to two thirds of respondents (65 percent) felt that more female leadership in government would result in greater trust and fairness, as well as a decrease in wars and scandals.
· Several “feminine”
· One way people are applying the Athena Doctrine is by multiplying the effect of their efforts through connections to customers, colleagues, and communities.
· In some countries, like Iceland and Israel, women are viewed as the best candidates for top roles in government, the military, and industry.
· Some individuals apply the Athena Doctrine in ways that exhibit compassion in action. This is seen frequently among people who want to feel connected and of service to others. Examples abound in Japan and China.
· People benefit from Athena style trust and cooperation supported by technology. This has been seen in Kenya’s agricultural insurance enterprise called Kilimo Salama (Safe Agriculture)
· Embracing feminine values enables people to double the resources they have available for problems and expands their potential for growth. Applying Athena values in daily life can have a profound effect on leadership, innovation, organizational management, career management, and change management.
In addition to a 7-10 page summary of the book, each Business Book Summary includes a Key Concepts section that outlines the main points of the book, an About the Author section that informs readers of the author’s background as well as their additional written works, and a Features of the Book Section that explains the special features found within the book.
For busy professionals, Business Book Summaries from EBSCO provide an easy, quick way to stay on top of the best business books in the market. With many titles available in audio format, it becomes even easier to obtain the helpful information available in these top business titles.
For more information and to get free samples of Business Book Summaries, please visit www.bizsum.com.