A genetic disorder characterized by the build-up of copper in the body’s tissues, this disease can be fatal if left untreated. With proper diagnosis and medical care, patients can live relatively normal lives. In more complex cases, there may be benefit from a second opinion from a medical specialist or center with extensive interest in Wilson disease.
Among those demonstrating particular expertise in Wilson disease, http://www.expertscape.com/
Leading Experts – Wilson Disease
1. Dr. Michael Schilsky - Yale University
2. Dr. Eve Roberts - Hospital for Sick Children
3. Dr. Peter Ferenci - Universitat Wien
4. Dr. Svetlana Lutsenko - Johns Hopkins
5. Dr. Jonathan Gitlin - Marine Biological Laboratory
Leading Institutions – Wilson Disease
1. University of Michigan
2. Hospital for Sick Children - Canada
3. Washington University - Missouri
4. Universiteit Utrecht - Netherlands
5. Universitat Wien - Austria
To view Expertscape’
The Expertscape medical search and ranking solution uses objective algorithms to identify the most knowledgeable and experienced doctors and medical institutions across over 26,000 specific topics, stratified by geography. With Expertscape, healthcare consumers can quickly and easily find the top doctors within their travel area and then learn more about their expertise and knowledge. Expertscape defines an expert as someone who has published peer-reviewed research in the science, therapies, and complications for a specific medical topic. To search on any medical topic, visit www.expertscape.com.