1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution
Milk Mantra Dairy Pvt. Ltd Logo

Milk Mantra's superior Artificial Insemination program successful

In a first for a private company in eastern India, Milk Mantra's artificial insemination program has yielded 6 female and 3 male healthy and happy calves!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

 
PRLog (Press Release) - Feb. 24, 2014 - Continuing to create a special niche in bringing innovation in the dairy sector in Odisha,  and with the aim of converting the Agri-farmers to Dairy Farmers and to get more financial security for the farmers,  Milk Mantra added another valuable and critical service which will go a long way in bringing dairy development in the state. Showcasing best innovation from Odisha, Milk Mantra has sourced the best practices for a sustainable  Artificial Insemination programme.

Milk Mantra is the 1stprivate company in Odisha and Eastern India to introduce this programme. The company is celebrating the arrival of healthy calves  and have aptly named the female calf Moo-ey and the male calf Moo-ah.

Artificial insemination (AI) is an organised fertility treatment and very common in case of dairy cattle – however, this has not been implemented effectively in eastern India which is why the quality of cattle and as a result the milk from such cattle is not of a high quality.

“We are committed to developing the dairy sector in Odisha and bringing about economic enhancement in the lives of the 20,000 network farmers who are part of our Ethical Milk Sourcing programme. I hope the governement will lend us a helping hand in our efforts,” said Srikumar Misra, MD and Founder of the company.

“Normally, the possibility of disease transmission during normal birth of a calf is 80% where as chances are only 20% in case of birth due to artificial insemination. We have sourced the best quality semen and with built a team of expert veterinarians, said Ashit Mahapatra, COO at Milk Mantra.“ This also addresses the concern of buying a good breed high yielding cow which is very expensive for the average rural farmer, plus the risk of the cow being physically injured during inter-state transit. Our Artificial Insemination programme ensures that we create our own gene pool of quality cattle and become dairy self sufficient,” he added.

_________________________

Contact
Milk Mantra
moo@milkmantra.com

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@milkmantra.com Email Verified
Source:Milk Mantra Dairy Pvt Ltd
Country:India
Industry:Agriculture, Food
Tags:milk, milk mantra, dairy
Shortcut:prlog.org/12286466
Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share