The conference will discuss new formulation approaches designed to overcome biologics delivery issues through as chemical modifications, new formulations and delivery technologies and advanced analytical tools to characterize protein interactions with excipients. These strategies have the potential to facilitate the development of next generation peptide and protein therapeutics which are safe, efficacious and promote patient compliance.
The keynote speaker will be Julia Rashba-Step, Ph.D., Senior Director, Novel Delivery Technologies, Pfizer, Inc., who will discuss the future trends on biotherapeutics and importance of drug delivery in commercial, clinical differentiation and also the need for enabling technologies. Also it will also cover strategic plans for current and future delivery reflective of needs of Pfizer’s BioTherapeutics portfolio.
Additional speakers include:
- Ajay K. Banga, Ph.D., Mercer University
- Sujit K. Basu, Ph.D., Shire
- Russell G. Burge, Ph.D., Freeslate, Inc.
- Kevin Constable, Terumo Medical Corporation
- Weiguo Dai, Ph.D., Johnson & Johnson
- Ian W. Hunter, Ph.D., MIT
- Robert Kelley, Ph.D., Genentech, Inc.
- William J. Lambert, Ph.D., MedImmune, Inc.
- Tarun Mandal, Ph.D., Xavier University of Louisiana
- Ashim K. Mitra, Ph.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Carsten Olbrich, Ph.D., Bayer Pharma AG
- Robert K. Prud’homme, Ph.D., Princeton University
- Sarangapani Prasad, Ph.D., MedImmune, Inc.
- Christopher A. Rhodes, Ph.D., Christopher A. Rhodes & Associates LLC
- Amar Sawhney, Ph.D., Ocular Therapeutix, Inc
- Cindy Wu, Ph.D., Allergan, Inc.
This conference is Part 1 at CHI’s Inaugural Biologics Formulation & Delivery Summit (May 5-7).
Writers and editors are invited to attend. To request a press pass or arrange an interview with a speaker, email Lisa Scimemi: email@example.com
For additional information and to register, visit www.healthtech.com/
About Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI)
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI), founded in 1992, is the industry leader in providing superior quality scientific information to eminent researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech, and academic organizations. Delivering an assortment of resources such as events, reports, publications and eNewsletters, CHI's portfolio of products include Cambridge Healthtech Institute Conferences, Barnett International, Insight Pharma Reports, Cambridge Marketing Consultants, Cambridge Meeting Planners, Cambridge Healthtech Media Group, and The Knowledge Foundation. www.chicorporate.com