PRLog - Feb. 17, 2014 - MILAN, Italy -- New episode of The Tape podcast. Official podcast of Beat Machine Records. Special guest: Stèv
A piano solo breaking the silence, introduces the selection of the Episode 8 of The Tape. Stèv, with its selection, takes us by the hand and leads us to explore the world of the Beats Music. A world that brings the electronic music to the HipHop style, made of massive grooves, but always elegant, supported by soothing melodies at times almost ambient (Hammock - Winter Lights), other times (Dj Shadow - Six Days) tending definitely to the most familiar HipHop style. But above all, with an oriental flavor of that "music beats" of the Orient made by Stèv the real star of this mixtape .... A classy selection!
01. Yoshimori Makoto - Kimi ga Yobu Namae - Yume no Tsuzuki (君が呼ぶ名前ー夢の続き)
02. Teebs - Wind Loop [Proximal]
03. Prefuse 73 - Uprock and Invigorate (Prefuse Dabrye Production)
04. DJ Krush - Kemuri (Untouchable Mix) [Mo Wax]
05. Baths - Lovely Bloodflow [Modular Recordings]
06. Koda - Limnos [Silk Sofa Music]
07. Hammock - Winter Light [Hammock Music]
08. DJ Shadow - Six Days [Hip-O Records]
09. Bonobo - The Keeper (Grasscut Bitter Peace Remix) [Ninja Tune]
10. fLako - Crying On The In [Project Mooncircle]
11. Samon Kawamura - Destination Blue [Nesola]
12. Haruka Nakamura - Memoria [Kitchen Label]
Listen and download: http://www.beatmachinerecords.com/
Stèv (Stefano Fagnani)
Born and raised in a city between the hills and the sea, fascinated by nature and with a strong daydreaming attitude, Stèv makes music that merges an emotional aestethic research with a sympathy for fresh electronic sonorities, exploring the different sides between acoustic and synthetic, inspired by almost everything.
Multi-instrumentalist and producer, constantly working on his musical skills, he also studied sound engineering to consolidate his technical knowledge in a more professional way, intrigued not only by melodies and harmonies but also by sound and its manipulation (often going around catching noises with a portable recorder and then integrating them into his works). It comes out an array of tunes that puts together live musical instruments, analog / digital gears, homemade percussions and field recordings along with intricate electronic programming, ranging from future sounds to minimalist instrumental composition.
In addition to his studio works, he also performs live using a varied setup of several musical instruments beside live electronics, playing, editing and layering everything right in front of the audience using a loop station and other live looping tricks.
Beat Machine Records
Beat Machine Records