Wed, May 7 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM New Jersey Law Center One Constitution Square New Brunswick, NJ 08901 Includes a 260-page book, plus CD with sample forms, documents & checklists! and dinner Elder law continues to offer the legal profession a booming opportunity for growth. As your current clients continue to grow older, you need to position yourself to be able to offer them and their families the legal services required by the elderly in today’s society. Or, you may be looking for lucrative areas in which to expand your current practice, including administering their estates.
This practical program is designed to provide the nuts and bolts of elder law practice & estate administration practice to general practitioners and young lawyers, as well as to more experienced lawyers seeking to expand into this field. A highly authoritative and experienced panel of elder law attorneys & estate planners will share proven techniques and experience it would take you years to gather on your own. You’ll also gain insight on how Federal Medicaid Reform will impact your practice.
Everything you need to know about elder law & estate administration including:
• Why Have a Will? - Gathering information;
• Powers of Attorney - Types of POAs; what should be included; why clients need them; POAs and Living Wills; sample forms
• Living Trusts (Revocable/Irrevocable)
• Basic Tax Considerations - Jointly-held property; “I love you” Will; no Will at all; insurance owned by client; unlimited marital deduction; estate planning in the testamentary document; sample forms/letters
• Estate Administration - New Probate Law in New Jersey - Probate process; duties of executor/fiduciary;
• Medicaid Planning in Light of Federal Medicaid Reform - Countable assets of Medicaid applicant; income cap/Medical needy standard; look-back period; transfers of property; personal residence; Medicaid estate recovery rules; probate; undue influence; competency …and more
-KENNETH A. VERCAMMEN, ESQ. Chair, ABA Elder Law Committee Past GP Solo Section Attorney of the Year Past NJSBA Municipal Court Practitioner of the Year Edison, NJ
-WILLIAM P. ISELE, ESQ. Past NJ Ombudsman for the Elderly
-MARTIN A. SPIGNER, ESQ. Law Office of Martin A. Spigner, Cranbury
-ADAM DUBECK, Esq.
$160.00 General Tuition, reduced fee for NJSBA Elder & Disability Law Section and NJSBA Young Lawyers Division [Free for Superior Court Judges] Seminar #S57800S4
NJSBA Member Price is reduced – To qualify for this reduced price, you must provide your NJSBA Member# at the time you place your order. If you place your order without providing your NJSBA Member#, you will be charged the regular price.
More details contact New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education The non-profit continuing education service of The New Jersey State Bar Association Constitution Square, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901-1520 Phone: (732) 214-8500 • Fax: (732)249-0383 • CustomerService@
NJ CLE INFORMATION:
Presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Elder & Disability Law Section and NJSBA Young Lawyers Division