- Prescott Farm Annual Winter Festival: Saturday, February 15th 11am – 3pm in Laconia. Enjoy an afternoon of sleigh rides, sledding, face painting, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing with a bonfire and s’mores!
- 85th Laconia World Championship Sled Dog Derby: February 14th, 15th and 16th. A tradition since 1929, the Sled Dog Derby takes place in Laconia and is a great event for adults & children alike! Watch the Six-Dog Classic or the Three-Dog Junior race as you cheer them on at the finish line.
- Wolfeboro Winter Carnival 2014: Join the celebration Saturday, February 22nd to Saturday, March 1st in Wolfeboro as families enjoy a week filled with events like the Winter Triathlon, Ski Movie at the Pickney Boathouse, Ice Skating in the Rink, Ski and Snowboard Races, Slopestyle Competition and annual Friends of Abenaki Pancake Breakfast. Then on March 1st, a bouncy house obstacle course, Chili and Chowder Festival, Belgian Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides and more!
- Improvised Shakespeare Co. at Capitol Center for the Arts: Saturday, February 22nd at 8pm, based on audience suggestion this show is fully improvised and great for the entire family!
- Winter Bird Banding at Squam Lakes Natural Science Center: Wednesday, February 26th at 10am. Does your family love nature and learning about the New Hampshire wildlife? Join the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center as they get a close up look at live birds that have been captured, banded and released to learn why some birds stay for the winters and others fly south.
- Public Skating at the Pop Whalen Skating Rink: Show off your families synchronized skating at the Wolfeboro Pop Whalen Ice Skating Rink, whether you’re looking for free skate or stick practice, they have a schedule for it all.
- Josh Logan Trio at the Flying Monkey: Friday, February 21st at 7:30pm. Is your family a fan of the TV show “The Voice”? Visit The Flying Monkey to see the singer/songwriter Josh Logan perform since his success and exposure on the hit show.
- Snowshoe Exploration at the Squam Lakes Science Center: Friday, February 28th at 1pm adults and children 6 years and up will strap on their snowshoes and participate in a series of outdoor activities, followed by an indoor meet and greet with live animals.
For more ideas on keeping the family occupied, visit the LRTA’s Where to Play (http://lakesregion.org/
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors’ guides, visit LakesRegion.org, facebook.com/