PRLog - Feb. 7, 2014 - NEW YORK -- The 111th annual American International Toy Fair, the largest marketplace for toys and youth products in the U.S. will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, USA. SGS will exhibit at booth 1326 from February 16-19, 2014. The fair is being organized by the Toy Industry Association (TIA) and will bring together over 1,000 exhibiting manufacturers, importers, distributors and professionals from the toy industry.
Meet SGS at the U.S. Toy Fair 2014 in New York to learn about toy safety
At booth 1326, the SGS International Regulation and Toy Safety experts will showcase a comprehensive range of services and solutions to ensure toy and juvenile product safety, and inform visitors on the latest regulations and safety requirements in the toy industry.
SGS Seminar Cuts Through the Chatter with Straight Talk
On Tuesday, February 18th in room 1A03 of the convention center, the SGS experts will host a seminar from 12:00 to 2:00 pm., which will consist of lunch and a live presentation from International Regulation and Toy Safety experts.
During the lunch seminar, the SGS experts will decode market entry requirements and address all concerns on regulations, testing program best practices or any questions that toy industry professionals may have from the preceding TIA presentations.
Seminar topics will include:
- International Toy Market Update: A round-up of toy safety requirements currently evolving in countries where the demand for imported toys is increasing. Attendees will learn the basics of what is needed for compliance and how SGS can provide support.
- e-Toys: Technology is progressing at lightning speed, and more electronic products are being introduced to children at a younger age than ever before. Experts will therefore provide tips on compliance requirements for manufacturers with e-ideas for young children on the drawing board. They will also explain how to incorporate sustainability considerations during the product design phase.
- Component Part testing: SGS experts will address frequently asked questions on what CPSIA means, what it allows, how it can be implemented, and what the advantages and drawbacks are.
- TIA Follow-up: Attendees and visitors are invited to bring any questions they have from the preceding TIA presentations to be addressed by SGS technical experts.
Visitors are encouraged to submit questions on any of the topics above in advance or to introduce a new topic that they would like to see addressed.
Registration Required to Attend the Event
Date: Tuesday, February 18th
- Lunch: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- One on one with the experts: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Location: Jacob Javits Convention Center Room 1A03
Cost: No Charge
Toy Fair Details
Dates: February 16 - 19
Location: Jacob Javits Convention Center
SGS Booth #1326
Event location: New York City, United States
About SGS Services for Toys and Juvenile Products
With its global network of laboratories, SGS is able to provide a wide range of services including consultancy and analytical testing for toys (http://www.sgs.com/
Should you have any questions, please contact your SGS representative.
SGS Consumer Testing Services
SGS Marketing Manager CTS North America
t: +1 973 461 7932
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80 000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1 650 offices and laboratories around the world.
+1 973 461 7932
+1 973 461 7932