ThinkVidya.com, one of India’s fastest growing education start-ups that connects students with trainers and institutes via an online marketplace, today announced the closure of an external round of funding from a successful US based serial entrepreneur and angel investor.
The Bangalore based education marketplace with a user base across India will be focusing on using the funding to:
· Expand its physical presence in multiple cities across India,
· Expand the team in key areas of sales, marketing, technology and operations
· Focus on user acquisition and product innovation for teachers, students and institutes
This funding round is a validation of our sound business model and the strength of our leadership team. We just finished a solid year of significant growth and this investment is going help us expand considerably in 2014” said Rakesh Kalra, Founder and CEO of ThinkVidya.com.
ThinkVidya on the growth path:
The company sees a huge potential to grow in the Indian education sector while pioneering its mission to organize the unorganized learning segment of tuitions, coaching and trainings providers.
In 2013, the company grew 4.5 times in revenues over 2012 and grew its user base by about 4 times. Currently, there are over 1,30,000 individual teachers, tutors and institutes registered on the platform. The company plans to grow both its revenue and user base significantly and expand its team size to 70 members by the end of 2014. Currently, the company has 30 team members working out of its Bangalore office.
ThinkVidya’s offering includes:
1. Online Marketplace for tutors and teachers- includes teacher profiles and search facility to help students find tutors, trainers or institutes for any learning requirement
2. Online Marketplace for courses and workshops- Teachers can upload information about their workshops and trainings as well as upload online recorded courses
3. Corporate and Educational Institutes Outreach programs
ThinkVidya.com has a unique proposition in the education segment as being the only provider offering the widest range of learning options- from professional profiles of individual teachers, institutes, local courses, trainings and workshops to online courses- which include both self-paced recorded courses and instructor led trainings.
Started in 2011, ThinkVidya is an online platform helping students connect with teachers and learn new skills. It serves over 1500 categories including School & College Tuitions, Exam Entrance, IT, Professional Skills Development, Dance, Music, Photography, Painting, Cooking, Yoga, and many others.
For more information, call 09590014159 or visit http://www.thinkvidya.com