Developed by Australia’s largest accounting software provider MYOB (http://myob.com.au/)
The app provides data reporting such as ‘Balance Sheet’, ‘Profit and Loss’, ‘Who Owes Me Money’ and ‘Who I Owe Money To’ via graphs, charts and tables, to help businesses easily gain strategic insights into their numbers.
MYOB General Manager - Business Division James Scollay says, “As mobile technologies become ubiquitous in the workplace, our Windows 8.1 companion app is another way our AccountRight Live clients can stay in touch with their books.
“With their financial data stored in the cloud and a Windows 8 .1 device at their fingertips, businesses can access key financial info in real-time, such as their cash flow situation, profit and loss, debtors, and more. This will help our clients make smarter, more-timely business decisions anywhere - at a café, in a client’s office or on the road.
“As a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner, we’re thrilled to build upon our strong partnership with Microsoft to deliver products that offer rich experiences for our clients.”
“More people are on the move than ever. From tablet to data centre, we’re helping our customers do business wherever they are through great app experiences, choice and diversity in devices and the power of the Windows Azure cloud platform. MYOB is an incredible innovator whose cloud first model is helping their customers get real time insights and be more agile. Wherever you are, MYOB and Microsoft are right there with you,” says Evan Williams, Windows Lead, Microsoft Australia.
Key features include:
· Dashboard - provides a snapshot of the following reports/features on the main app screen.
· Balance Sheet - shows the Assets, Liabilities and Equity position. Assets are valuable resources a business owns or controls that help generate income, e.g. a computer. Liabilities are financial obligations a business has to others. Equity denotes what’s leftover when Liabilities are subtracted from Assets (or ‘net position’).
· Profit and Loss (P&L) - shows which parts of the business are contributing to or reducing its profit.
· Who Owes Me Money - shows the debtors situation, i.e. who owes money to the business and when it’s due.
· Who I Owe Money To - shows how much money the business owes, to whom and when it’s due.
· Live Tiles - display the various features on the ‘Start’ screen on a Windows 8.1 device.
AccountRight Live clients have the flexibility of working on their accounts on the desktop, in the cloud or both. The data accessed via the Windows 8.1 Companion App syncs seamlessly with the client’s data file in the cloud. MYOB worked with Microsoft to develop the Windows 8.1 Companion App using MYOB’s API and Windows Azure.
For MYOB product information, research results, business tips, discussions, client service and more visit the MYOB Australia (http://myob.com.au/
For further comment or other information please contact:
Angely Grecia Jess Smart
MYOB Public Relations Consultant Ogilvy PR for Microsoft Australia
P: 02 9089 9071, M: 0449 169 997, E: angely.grecia@
About MYOB Australia
Established in 1991, MYOB is Australia’s largest business management solutions provider. It makes life easier for over 1.2 million businesses across Australia and New Zealand, and provides support via many client service channels including a network of over 20,000 accounting firms, bookkeepers and other consultants. MYOB’s solutions simplify accounting, payroll, tax, practice management, CRM, websites, job costing, inventory and more, for businesses of all shapes and sizes. It is committed to ongoing innovation, particularly in cloud computing solutions, and now spends more than AU$30 million annually on research and development. In 2013, MYOB expanded its offerings with the acquisition of accounting solutions provider BankLink. For more information, visit myob.com.au.