Join Zeph’s this February for:
· Wine Time every Tuesday through April 29th, 2014 at Zeph’s. From 5 – 7 pm every Tuesday enjoy a local featured wine (changes weekly). Selected Monterey County wines, varies weekly, 2 for 1 on these wines. 10% of these sales from 5-7pm go the Food Bank of Monterey County. Also at the Entrance of Zeph's we have a barrel where you can make donations to the Food Bank as well, just check their website for more information.
· Drink, Nibble and Support every Tuesday at Zephs!
· February is Heart Health Month and Zeph’s is supporting the American Heart Association. Did you know drinking red wine has health benefits?
o Red Wine is Good for Your Heart. Red wine contains resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant compound. Resveratrol also protects your heart and arteries against the effects of saturated fat in your diet, so drinking one or two glasses of red wine a day can help protect your heart and prevent cardiovascular disease.
o Red Wine Contains Antioxidants. Red wine contains a number of other antioxidants, which can slow the signs of aging and prevent a number of degenerative illnesses like type 2 diabetes.
o Red Wine Prevents Cancer. Mounting evidence suggests that drinking red wine in moderation can help prevent cancer. The many antioxidants in red wine can help prevent the oxidative damage responsible for the process of aging and for many degenerative conditions like Alzheimer's, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
o Red Wine Prevents Tooth Decay. Red wine, even non alcoholic red wine, hardens your enamel to prevent tooth decay. Hardened enamel is more resistant to Streptococcus mutans, the bacteria which lives on your teeth and is responsible for tooth decay. The polyphenols in red wine can also prevent gum disease, and even help to treat it by reducing inflammation in the gums.
· Purchase any bottle of red wine throughout the month of February and 50 cents per bottle will go to the American Heart Association!
· One Valentine’s Day Friday, February 14th purchase a glass of red at the bar and $1.00 from every glass goes to support the Heart Association!
· For more information go to http://www.zephsonestop.com/
Located in beautiful Monterey County and surrounded by some of California's premier wine growing appellations, Zeph's is the perfect place to stop for your local wine enjoyment. Enjoy a view of the Salinas Valley with a glass from our remodeled wine and beer bar featuring over 30 wines. If you're traveling we can ship home a selection of prize winning Santa Lucia Highlands and Chalone Appellation Wines for your enjoyment. Need a gift or basket for someone special? We have a newly enlarged selection of gift items and select foods and we can arrange and ship. We also offer full wine and spirits catering for your local events.
Zeph’s One Stop
1366 South Main Street
Salinas, CA 93901
Press Contact: Marci Bracco (831) 747-7455