PRLog - Jan. 24, 2014 - Business Book Summary of Conversations That Sell
EBSCO Publishing has just released a new book summary. Buyers in today’s market are better informed than their historical counterparts, and to help them choose the best options for their particular goals and needs, sellers must be willing and able to kick it up a notch as well. In Conversations That Sell, Nancy Bleeke shows sales professionals how to become the collaborators that buyers do not want to be without. It begins, she says, with the way sellers perceive themselves. From there, Bleeke outlines a step-by-step approach that will help any seller become a powerful partner in the sales process with more sales and better relationships.
Nancy Bleeke offers readers the following advice:
· The seller is an important part of the solution. By listening to what is important to buyers and using their individual strengths and personalities to communicate, sellers become an invaluable part of positive decision making.
· Every conversation counts in collaborative selling. The focus is on buyers’ needs, problems, and opportunities, but everyone should be on the same side to build trusting relationships and customer loyalty.
· Systematic steps result in successful conversations. Preparing for each conversation will ensure that sellers come into them with purposeful information and suggestions so that each conversation is productive.
· Work with buyers based on their own style of doing things. Recognizing the characteristics and working customs of the four major “Tribal Types”™ helps sellers to collaborate with buyers using words and techniques that are most comfortable for them.
· Sellers should be mentally and physically prepared to devote undivided attention to buyers before initiating contact. Sellers should know the basics about the business and what issues they might be facing.
· A purposeful start gets conversations off on the right foot. By properly introducing themselves and quickly stating their objectives—in addition to being on time and positive—sellers demonstrate professionalism as well as respect for the buyers’ time.
· The investigative step identifies buyers’ wants, needs, and problems and qualifies their urgency and ability to buy. Listening well, asking relevant questions, and clarifying what the buyer has said gives the seller valuable information.
· Create buyer-focused solutions and discuss them in ways that incorporate buyers’ suggestions and concerns. Buyers will see the value of and buy solutions their benefits have made clear.
· Work through the buyers’ objections together. Look at them as problems to be solved and work through them with buyers in ways that appeal to their business personality types.
· Close every conversation with a purpose, whether the sale has been made or not. At the end of each conversation, sellers should evaluate how close to a decision their buyers are, how well the current solutions will work, and what needs to be covered before the next conversation.
· Successful sales are as much a matter of will as of skill. Believing in themselves, their products or services, and the solutions they bring to buyers are the greatest success sellers can possess.
· Collect the right tools and continue to use them throughout the sales process.
· Focus on specific goals to enhance the probability of success. People are more likely to get the things they are focused on, and by focusing on attainable goals, doing the homework, and having collaborative conversations with buyers, sellers can be more successful.
In addition to a 7-10 page summary of the book, each Business Book Summary includes a Key Concepts section that outlines the main points of the book, an About the Author section that informs readers of the author’s background as well as their additional written works, and a Features of the Book Section that explains the special features found within the book.
For busy professionals, Business Book Summaries from EBSCO provide an easy, quick way to stay on top of the best business books in the market. With many titles available in audio format, it becomes even easier to obtain the helpful information available in these top business titles.
For more information and to get free samples of Business Book Summaries, please visit www.bizsum.com.