Fueling dietary needs that are fairly sophisticated, many Boomers are concerned about developing and maintaining a holistic well being. For others, food behaviors are reflective of a robust discretionary spending capacity and a need to accommodate a busy lifestyle, like increased restaurant usage and using technology conveniences to order food.
“Boomers grew up during an era when eating out became a form of entertainment, not just a special occasion affair,” says Kimberly Egan, CEO of CCD Innovation. “They’ve also become accustomed to convenience food in all its forms and expect variety and choice at food retailers, specialty groceries and supermarkets.”
· Stage 1: Nutritional Genomics—Advances in understanding of the human dietary system drive choices designed to prevent, delay or treat chronic conditions.
· Stage 1: Dietary Self-Tracking—
· Stage 2: Eating for our Microbiome—Boomers feed their personal bacterial ecology for overall health.
· Stage 3: Grocery Shopping 2.0 —Older consumers embrace technology innovation to order fresh, packaged and prepared foods.
· Stage 4: Restaurant Redux—Dining out more frequently is a benefit of superior spending power and more time.
· Stage 4: Juicing Meets Mixology—A focus on beverages that provide nutrition, microbiotics, proteins and healthful benefits.
· Stage 5: Food That’s Frozen vs. Frozen Food—Boomers look for healthy messaging in food that’s frozen prompting new retailer messaging and a frozen food “makeover.”
For more information on the Boomer Wellness: Culinary Trend Mapping Report, please visit: http://home.packagedfacts.com
The Culinary Trend Mapping Report is co-published by CCD Innovation and Packaged Facts.
About CCD Innovation -- CCD Innovation is a full-service food and beverage strategic innovation company that successfully blends culinary creativity with consumer insights, trends and marketing expertise. Visit www.ccdinnovation.com.
About Packaged Facts -- Packaged Facts, a division of MarketResearch.com, publishes market intelligence on a wide range of consumer market topics, including consumer demographics and shopper insights, consumer financial products and services, consumer goods and retailing, consumer packaged goods, and pet products and services. Eighty-
Please also visit Packaged Facts on LinkedIn for more culinary, food packaging, food retailing and foodservice insights: http://www.linkedin.com/