The ability to remain ‘independent’
What to expect over the course of the next few weeks:
Before you can identify any form of solution, you must first of all understand what the problem is and why it is there. Article 2 explores the problems facing ageing Australians and why they need to be addressed. Article 3 identifies the high level solutions available to address the issue as well as exploring the solutions in more detail to weigh up the pro’s and con’s of the various options. Article 3 concludes by identifying a number of other considerations people need to take into account when choosing a personal alarm for the elderly, before article 4 completes the series by identifying the solution of how we solve the problem of maintaining independent living.
Series Executive Summary:
· Australia is facing an ageing population both numerically and proportionally. This will result in greater dependence on the state and federal purse, as well as a reduction of the tax base with which to sustain it. The burden of financial support will shift from the state to the individual.
· Ageing Australians are financially under-prepared for the costs of retirement.
· Given the very high cost of nursing care, Government focus will increasingly turn to supporting independent living.
· Assistive technology is rapidly being viewed as a solution for independent living.
· Personal alarms are one type of assistive technology aimed at improving an individual’s personal safety by increasing their ability to maintain independent living.
· There are a number of considerations when choosing a personal alarm including cost, quality, reliability and compliance with Australian regulations.
· The SureSafe Personal Emergency Call System provides the solution – a life saving piece of assistive technology, state of the art design, the right balance of functionality and style, and all at a price that is affordable for all.
Find Part 1 of the study at http://www.personalalarms.net.au/
ABOUT BORA HEALTH.
Bora Health is an Australian, British and American owned and operated community focused company, providing elderly Australians and their families with access to the information, products and services necessary to support affordable independent living. It is the exclusive authorised distributor of the SureSafe Personal Emergency Call System; a non-monitored personal alarm (otherwise known as an auto-dialer or smart-dialer medical alert), telephone based medical alarm system for Seniors. Bora Health was founded in 2012 and is the exclusive approved personal alarm supplier to ASX listed aged care residential homes company Eureka Group Holdings Ltd. Bora Health also provides life saving personal alarms to numerous hospitals and Government facilities including pathology units and drug and alcohol outreach programs. This is in addition to thousands of satisfied consumers and their families, who have peace of mind knowing that help is just a push of a button away on their SureSafe personal alarm.
Bora Health also operate in the US and UK. See their websites below:
For more information on our study or how SureSafe alarms can help you, your loved one, your clients or your business, please contact Joel Groth.
Bora Health Pty Ltd
Bora Health Pty Ltd