Tuesday, January 21, 2014
9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/)
Jon M. Huntsman Hall
3730 Walnut Street, 8th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
More information about the event can be found at UST Global (http://www.ust-
UST Global has made a commitment to train and employ 1,000 inner-city women in 10 of the nation’s largest cities including Atlanta, Philadelphia, Chicago and Detroit. UST Global is invested in recruiting, training and employing thousands of women from inner cities who display the commitment to attend a community college. UST Global will work with local community colleges, foundations and civic organizations to identify women who have the desire and aptitude to be successful in the program.
Step IT Up America is led by the CEO of UST Global, Sajan Pillai. Pillai was recently listed on the STEMConnector top 100 CEO Leaders list. UST Global has also been recognized as a leader of STEM education efforts across the globe due to its contribution to the report, "EdTech: Revolution in Education 2013." Step IT Up America is an extension of UST Global's strong STEM education efforts.
Here are just a few of the distinguished speakers scheduled for the Step IT Up America launch in Philadelphia:
· Mayor of Philadelphia, Michael Nutter (http://www.phila.gov/
· Whitney M. Young, Jr. Professor Emeritus of the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Bernard E. Anderson (http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/
· Founder, President, and CEO of Robinson Group Consulting Inc., Alana Robinson (http://www.linkedin.com/
· Senior Vice President and Chief Informatics Officer at Independence Blue Cross, Somesh Nigam (http://www.linkedin.com/
· Vice President of Community Affairs for Independence Blue Cross and President of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation, Rev. Dr. Lorina Marshall-Blake (http://www.ibxfoundation.org/
· Chief Executive Officer, UST Global, Sajan Pillai (http://www.ust-
About UST Global
UST Global is a leading provider of end-to-end IT Services and Solutions for Global 1000 companies. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, UST Global has operations in USA, India, Mexico, Spain, UK, Malaysia, Philippines, and Singapore. UST Global is a technology leader with domain expertise across the following industries: Healthcare & Insurance, Retail, Financial Services, Transportation & Logistics, Manufacturing & Automotive, Telecommunication and Media & Entertainment. By focusing on the business model of ‘fewer CLIENTS, more ATTENTION’, UST Global strives for excellence in providing their clients with the best service and commitment to long-term client success. With 14,000 employees, UST Global's growth and clientele have been impressive. Please visit www.ust-global.com for more information.