In 2013 our teams collectively won a rugby World Cup championship, UEFA Europa League championship, a National Rugby League Championship, Coach of the Year, two Players of the Year and a Thailand Premier League Championship.
“2013 was the best year on record for GPSports,” said Managing Director Adrian Faccioni. “It has been through the close working relationship with many of our elite clients that we have been able to bring to the market amazing new features such as running symmetry, metabolic load, repeat sprint analysis and collision detection.
We have also been able to work closely with key clients in the implementation of our GPS technology to improve performance and reduce injuries – assisting the likes of the NRL Roosters, Rugby Reds and NFL Seahawks to name a few. Everyone in the company is looking forward to an exciting 2014.”
The SPI HPU unit is the smallest and most powerful sport GPS technology on the market. It features smart two-way real time wireless data communication and its 16G accelerometer is the only device capable of measuring impacts over 10G.
The newest variables to the SPI IQ software are running symmetry, collision detection, metabolic power and repeat sprint efforts. Besides having amazing features it’s also fast. In ten minutes you can process the data and create a report for twenty players.
"There is no guess work and no hiding. Every aspect of training is planned and every performance is measured using GPSports technology. From rehabilitation to game specific fitness, GPSports provides the framework for excellence"
Michael Cheika, NSW Waratahs Head Coach
Notable accomplishments involving GPSports teams include:
• Seattle Seahawks end the regular season 13-3 and have home-field advantage throughout the playoffs in their first year using GPSports technology.
• Chelsea FC wins UEFA Europa League Championship
• The top three teams in Spain’s La Liga (Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid)
• Juventus sits atop Italy’s Serie A
• Ajax FC is the top team in Holland’s Eredivisie
• FC Porto is tied for first in Portugal’s Primeira Liga
• Paris Saint Germaine is in first place in France Ligue 1
• Buriram United wins the Thailand Premier League title in 2013
• Shandong Luneng FC in second place in Chinese Premier League
• Seven of the Top 10 teams in National Rugby League use GPSports
• Sydney Roosters win the 2013 National Rugby League (Australia, New Zealand, South Africa)
• Roosters player Sonny Bill Williams, wins Rugby League International Federation Player of the Year award
• Roosters Coach Trent Robinson wins Rugby League International Federation Coach of the Year award
• Crusaders player Kieran Read wins International Rugby Board’s Player of the Year
• Australia Kangaroos win the 2013 World Cup (rugby)