Congratulations to Mr. Mel Watt regarding appointment as head of the Federal Housing Finance Agency
The Wall Street Journal announces: "The Senate on Tuesday confirmed...Rep. Mel Watt (D., N.C.) to head the Federal Housing Finance Agency, which controls the government-supported mortgage-finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release)
- Jan. 10, 2014 - WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The Wall Street Journal announces: "The Senate on Tuesday confirmed...Rep. Mel Watt (D., N.C.) to head the Federal Housing Finance Agency, which controls the government-supported mortgage-finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac control 5.107 trillion dollars in assets as of October 2013.
Mr. Watt's background includes a J.D. from Yale University School of Law, private law practice from 1970 to 1992, service as a US Congressman for 20 years -Committee on Financial Services, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit, Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing and Community Opportunity, Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law, Subcommittee on Intellectual Property, Competition, and the Internet (Ranking Member), Joint Economic Committee. Senior Member -House Financial Services Committee, Congressional Progressive Caucus, International Conservation Caucus prior chair of the Congressional Black Caucus.
Urban Financial Services Coalition congratulates Mr. Watt on his new appointment and looks forward to working with him.
--- End ---
Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others. Report Abuse
Latest Press Releases By “
- Subject matter experts invited from: ABA, The Canadian Embassy, The Congressional Black Caucus
- What awaits the financial professionals when they arrive in Washington, D.C. March 23-25, 2014?
- "Make the money, don’t let the money make you, Change the game, don’t let the game change you
- June 5-7, 2014 - Urban Financial Services Coalition UFSC 40th Annual Summit - Chicago - RSVP NOW!
- Professional Development events! Urban Financial Services Coalition Detroit, Mi. and Richmond, Va