Now dieters in the UK are able to get science to help them find the best loss and weight management system specifically based on their own DNA. The new service, provided by DNA Genie which launched recently in the UK, will tell users:
· if you are susceptible to weight gain;
· which foods are responsible for your weight gain (for example, animal fats or carbohydrates):
· your susceptibility to type ll diabetes when you gain weight;
· how quickly satiety (the feeling of being full) occurs after eating – this is important as many people overeat;
· the amount of exercise needed in order for you to maintain your optimum weight;
· which diet will work for you and which won't.
Mark Hailey, Managing Director of DNA Genie, says "We launched the weight management test because we see the dieting industry as fatally flawed. Diets tend to be of a 'one size fits all' nature - the human body, however, is complex and for weight loss and management to succeed, you need to understand what best suits yours.
“Any person wishing to embark on a diet should go into it armed with the information that their body can now make available to them on what exactly it needs in order to maintain its optimum weight.
“DNA Genie analyse variations in seven of the genes that affect weight gain and, we believe, we offer the most comprehensive DNA weight management test in the world - ensuring the results you receive are the most detailed possible.”
Find out more about the weight management test here: http://dna-genie.com/