PRLog - Jan. 9, 2014 - PHILADELPHIA -- The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo returns on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 17, 18 and 19, 2014 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center! The event is designed to educate and entertain the public about the wonderful world of pets. Featuring many pet vendors, educational and entertaining performances, special attractions, hands-on-petting zoo, pet adoptions, and outstanding shopping for pet lovers and their pets.
Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo!
The event is expected to draw over 10,000 attendees over the 3-day event and pet owners can even bring their well-behaved leashed dogs to the expo. Over 100 vendors and many area rescue groups with adoptable pets will be on hand. Some of this year’s highlights are:
· The Delaware Rabbit and Cavy Breeders Association will be at the Pet Expo to educate the public about rabbit and cavy care and the fun things you can do with then including Rabbit hopping! Rabbit hopping is much like agility for rabbits. That’s a whole new kind of bunny hop!
· Cat agility – can you picture it? Cats speeding through an agility course to get the best time? Ok, so some take their take their sweet time – and other cats go right through the course – a sight to be seen. (And, we'll admit it can be pretty funny to watch!)
· Rat Show – yes just like a dog show, but with rats! Wonder who will get best in show?
· Big Cats –See the 400lb Bengal Tiger at TD's Cats of the World, a one of a kind animal refuge specializing in exotic felines including lions, tigers, cougars and bobcats and will be at the expo with some of their big cats.
· Rainforest Reptile Show – an exciting, fascinating adventure through the rare and endangered reptile world! Many exotic reptiles will be at the show.
· K9 Classic Dog Show – ever see a dog jump 67” in one shot? Or a team of dogs run through an agility course together? This and many more astonishing dog acts will be part of the popular K9 Classic portion of the expo.
· The Delco Bird Clubwill be there various species of their birds and to provide information on pet care, diet and information on the birds' natural habitat.
· Joy Freedman – dog behavior expert whostudied with The National Institute of Dog Training and has been changing the behavior of dogs and their owners ever since. Answering dog owner’s questions all weekend at the pet expo. Joy was also named one of Baltimore’s Best Dog trainers by Baltimore Magazine and was featured on Cesar Milan’s Dog Whisperer on National Geographic.
In addition attendees will enjoy a petting zoo, pony rides, learn about and meet Alpacas, angora rabbits, and other unusual and exotic animals.
A perfect opportunity for film and video coverage of exotic pets and outrageously entertaining pets!
“Our Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo is one of the biggest shows we host in the tri-state area and we are excited to be back! At our family and pet friendly pet expo we highly endorse responsible pet ownership have many animal attractions that teach our attendees this. We also have many educational, fun and entertaining animals, pet vendors, rescue groups and attractions – there is something for everyone and every age,” said show organizer Karen Garetano of Family Pet Shows who hosts the annual Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo.
Guests can participate with their purebred dog in the Parade of Breeds and even have their dogs tested for the AKC Canine Good Citizen Award. In addition dog lovers will love the ‘World of Dogs Program’designed to educate and entertain attendees about the wonderful world of dogs and to introduce the many things that you can do with your dog.
The Greater Philadelphia Pet Expo will be held on Friday, January 17, 2014 from 4pm to 9pm (which is Family Night and kids 12 and under are admitted FREE!), Saturday, January 18 from 10 am to 7 pm and on Sunday, January, 19 from 10 am to 5pm. Admission is $12.00 adult and $5 children (ages 11 and under), 3 and under are admitted Free. You can go to the website atwww.philadelphiapetexpo.com for discount coupons or to purchase discount tickets online.
For additional information, vendor space or how to become a sponsor, call us at (631) 423-0620 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.philadelphiapetexpo.com.
For press inquiries or to interview Dennis or Karen Garetano, the show organizers, contact Nancy E. Hassel at (631) 446-1105 or by email at Nancy@LongIslandPetProfessionals.com (mailto:Nancy@
About Family Pet Shows:
Family Pet Shows is a family owned and operated company that for nearly 20 years have successfully hosted pet expos beginning in 1994 in Pennsylvania. The company now hosts six different pet expos annually in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania;
Family Pet Shows, formerly known as The Horse and Pet Expo, is run by husband and wife team Karen and Dennis Garetano and their son Joe Garetano. In 1994, after years of publishing Horseworld USA magazine, they thought of the idea to host a horse expo in Pennsylvania and held their first show in 1994 Fort Washington, PA. After two years of successfully hosting the first horse expo, they expanded the show to include other pets and changed the name to Horse and Pet Expo and began adding new locations. Throughout the years and additional shows, Family Pet Shows has grown in size and popularity in each location.
Drawing in crowds of thousands of pet lovers to each of their shows, Karen & Dennis have always been dedicated to making the shows educational, fun, importance of responsible pet ownership, entertaining with talent of various pet and human acts and having many pet vendors and rescue groups. They graciously offer free booth space to 501 c 3 rescue and adoption groups to help save many animal lives. Unlike some pet shows, the majority of the floor space is devoted to entertainment and educational program presented by their various acts. They strive on making this truly a family and pet friendly pet show in every venue.