Purpose: This event will serve as an inspirational pep rally as we launch youth mentoring programs in schools and communities across the city. We will have many VIP guests and motivational speakers, team building activities, giveaways, and other surprises.
Objective: To openly inform students of the available support for them through the mentor program that will be available in their school. We will also allow individuals who have grew up in the same neighborhoods and schools as well as faced some of the same issues as the students to present their success stories.
Goal: To bring awareness of the need for mentorship for children to school administrators, teachers, parents, and children. Our hope is that The Heads Up! Foundation will be able to sign up at least 20 students to begin the mentor program beginning Tuesday January 14, 2013
Expectations: For the school administrators to provide sufficient support to the rally and teachers and staff to be present for assistance with maintaining student control, both volume and activity. For speakers and event participants to share motivational messages, engage and interact with the students.
The Heads Up! Foundation partners, mentors, and participants Roles and expectations:
· Jabari Johnson: Founder/President of The Heads Up! Foundation, Carter High School Graduate, University of Texas-Arlington Graduate, Outstanding scholar athlete- Motivational Speake
· Jonathan Scott: Carter High School Grad; Former National Champion at University of Texas; Chicago Bears football player- Motivational Speaker
· Casanova Kris: Graduate of Carter High School, national hip-hop artist, Founder of Debonaire Bros, Inc. – Motivational Speaker
· K104 Street Team: provide music and remote giveaways for prizes, interact with students
· Vincent Tucker: Entrepreneur, Executive, Host/MC, Promoter, Humanitarian & Syndicated Radio Personality - Host and hype man
The Heads Up! Foundation is honored that your school has entrusted us with your students. We will ensure that they will go away with a positive outlook on life as a whole and ready to face the world head on.
***Sponsored by: The Heads Up! Foundation, Debonaire Bros Incorporated, Achieve PR***