PRLog - Jan. 7, 2014 - January is a month when a lot of families encounter head lice in their children. The holiday season, when families gather, gives head lice plenty of opportunity to move from person to person. The bad news is that chemical treatments are ineffective. The good news is there are all-natural methods which are 100% effective in treating the lice infestation. During this peak lice season, it’s important to be armed with knowledge about head lice. As many parents from the Indianapolis area, attempt to diagnose and remove head lice, LiceDoctors Head Lice Treatment and Nit Removal Service offers valuable tips on preventing, identifying and treating head lice:
· Not all people become itchy from head lice, therefore it is important to check your child regularly to see if you see any nits in the hair.
· When you child returns from a play date spend a few minutes to see if you find anything translucent stuck to the hair. Nits stick to the hair; dandruff flakes off. Bugs have six legs and they crawl; they don’t fly. Using a bright light helps in identification of lice and nits.
· To prevent getting lice, girls should wear their hair up in a braid or bun. The less accessible that the hair is, the more difficult it is for the bugs to get into it.
· Apply gel, mousse or spray in your child’s hair. These products add a protective layer on the hair, which makes it harder for the bug to attach to the hair.
· Bring your own pillows if you are spending the night with friends or extended family.
· Ask your children to avoid sharing items including hairbrushes, combs, hats, scarves, towels, helmets, sleeping bags, etc.
· Take deep breaths and keep calm if you find out that your child has lice. Having lice isn’t life-threatening, but it can wreak psychological chaos on the family or those infected.
· If you find your child has head lice, you can attempt to treat it yourself. Comb through the hair while wet. After combing, pull out any remaining nits. In order to eradicate a case of head lice, you must remove every nit. If you leave one or two nits in the hair, the case will start all over again. Heads are infested, on average, two-four weeks before you discover you’ve got lice
· Lice infestation is harder to diagnose than you think. All you need for a self-sustaining infestation is one fertilized female louse. They’re tiny, speedy and scoot from light
· Lice treatment is labor-intensive and challenging as the nits camouflage in the hair. If you want the treatment to be done successfully, you may want to call in a head lice treatment service. Make sure whichever company you call gives you a 100% guarantee on their head lice removal service.
Keep in mind, getting head lice has nothing to do with hygiene. Head lice don’t care how often you wash your hair. You get lice when lice move from one head to another head. And remember, lice only live off the head for a day so focus your efforts on the head, not the house.
LiceDoctors treatment protocol was developed 18 years ago by its medical director, is all-natural, and has a 99.9% track record. LiceDoctors has successfully treated 30,000 families. No other treatment option can boast that kind of history and success rate. Each of their lice operators undergoes an intensive training and is dispatched directly to the privacy of the clients’ homes. In Indianapolis, call 317-759-2699 or go to www.licedoctors.com for further information and same day service.