The series will then continue to the serene Park Hyatt, Jeddah from 14-16 March 2014 where the event is title sponsored by The Saudi Investment Bank.
World Luxury Expo, Bahrain is taking place during the much anticipated Formula 1 weekend, 4-6 April 2014, at the magnificent Ritz-Carlton. Then the event continues to Kuwait at the luxurious Jumeirah Messilah from 23-25 May 2014.
We also look forward to expanding the event platform into Asia by hosting World Luxury Expo, Seoul at the Grand Hyatt from 3-5 September 2014.
Each World Luxury Expo features a wonderful selection of carefully selected luxury categories including fine art, high-end jewellery, fashion, hand-crafted time pieces, designer furniture and exquisite table settings, luxury automobiles, fine dining, private aviation, and luxury travel. All participating exhibitors are leaders in their respective fields, who constantly strive for the ultimate in quality and perfection.
We are in the process of finalising the special pieces that are being showcased by the luxury brands we are working with at each event. In the interim, I would like to share examples of showstopper items that were showcased at previous World Luxury Expo events.
· Setting the tone - On arrival to WLE Abu Dhabi, invited guests were welcomed to a grand display of a Rolls-Royce Ghost 1001 Nights Bespoke Edition, valued at $436,562.
· Three hundred year old jewellery house, Mozafarian, showcased a Royal Collection of exquisite casks to commemorate 2,500 years of the Persian Empire. The collection’s value is priceless as these are now part of the museum collection. Mozafarian also presented a 171 carat Royal Necklace valued at $15,000,000.
· The Sitara of Ka’aba was presented by Barakat Galllery, valued at $ 4,850,000. This magnificent artefact was an external curtain made to cover the door of the Kaab, one of Islam’s holiest sites. It was commissioned in 1181 Hijrah by Sultan Selim III (1761-1808) known for his reforms of the state system as well as for his love of music, poetry, and the arts.
· Danish Zenvo ST1 Supercar made it’s UAE debut at World Luxury Expo. This hand-built 7 litre V8 engine supercar has a limited production run with only 15 cars to be built and sold to specially approved customers - valued at $1,000,000.
· Haute parfumier, House of Sillage, presented a limited edition Pink Enamel Travel Spray that consisted of 122.4 grams of 18kt rose gold, 1.96ct pink sapphire and 3.20ct VSF round brilliant cut diamonds in a pavé setting.
· Moiseikin Jewellery is renowned for creating one of a kind jewellery pieces and objets d'art, presented the "Horn of Plenty" at the event. This exquisite tourbillon time piece is valued at more than $1,500,000 and consists of over 4,000 diamonds with the total weight of over 30 carats.
· Kashperia launched the world's finest and most expensive Guthrah Shawl at World Luxury Expo, Doha. This is a limited edition collection of only 10 pieces made from 100% pure Vicuna wool which is hand-spun, hand-woven and handmade with intricate motifs from the Babylonian era. Vicuna wool is sourced from the higher reaches of Peru (above 14,000 feet) and the animal sheds its wool only once every three years. It takes the wool from three animals to make one Guthrah Shawl. The diameter of this wool used by Kashperia is 11 microns (the human hair is only 15-100 microns).
· Official Formula 1 Opus BERNIE Edition was revealed to Qatar at World Luxury Expo, Doha. An iconic collector’s piece is valued at US $1,000,000. The BERNIE Edition is 1/1, a bespoke Champions Edition Opus, but it will entitle the holder to unique access into the world of Formula One for the 2014 race season. The holder will receive, for each day, of each race in the 2014; four passes for the Paddock Club, the ultimate in hospitality;
· Space Expedition Corporation (SXC) presented a 1:6 scale model of the SXC Lynx Mark 1 spaceship. Something for the luxury traveller who aspires to an “out of this world” experience by crossing the ultimate boundary into space. Tickets cost USD 100,000 each and 250 have been sold so far.
· The most expensive penthouse in the world, Tour Odéon, which was showcased by La Conciergerie Du Qatar. Rising above the waters of the Mediterranean and the captivating Principality of Monaco, the Tour Odéon penthouse is the world’s most expensive property per square meter, valued at over USD 300 million.
· The “most expensive soap in the world,” was presented by Khan Al-Saboun. Made of pure gold dust, olive oil and virgin honey and embedded with diamonds, this special piece is valued at USD 3,800.
WORLD LUXURY EXPO THE SERIES 2014 :
• Riyadh - The Ritz-Carlton, 28-30 January 2014
• Jeddah - Park Hyatt, 14-16 March 2014
• Bahrain - The Ritz-Carlton, 4-6 April 2014
• Kuwait - Jumeirah Messilah, 23-25 May 2014
• Abu Dhabi - Emirates Palace, 11-13 July 2014
• Seoul - Grand Hyatt, 3-5 September 2014
• Doha - The St. Regis, 13-15 November 2014
Official Agent for World Luxury Group Ltd