From the early days starting out in Long Beach California, Maddox has always been active within the international hip hop community. GWT themselves included Sweden's Cruz DurrtyJada and Germany's Chinch 33, and the three man crew released The Invasion" in 2009 which included features from Jise One (The Arsonists), Goretex (Non Phixion) and Planetary (Outerspace)
The raucous delivery style had become his established trademark by the time of the critically acclaimed "Asylum Artistry", an album which was also noted for the contributions of Canibus, Sadat X, LA Dog and Non Phixion's Sabac Red.
With a style deep rooted in the finest traditions of hip hop focused on lyricism, wordplay and powerful production, he took the show on the road throughout the United States, reaching Europe and the UK for the first time in 2010. Fresh from playing St Etienne, France, his debut performance in east London saw him connect with Rhyme Asylum and develop long lasting working relationships with scratch DJ TMB, emcee and producer Edd Bundy. Motion, Billy Whizz and many more.
Subsequent visits in 2011 and 2012 took in tours throughout France, Spain and Italy, and various UK cities including London, Swansea and Cardiff. This period also saw him take up new residency in Santa Ana and Hawaii before settling currently in Kansas, during which time the new album was being recorded.
A collaborative release between Red Phone Records and Seven 13 Music, "Righteous Fury" is crammed full of high octane hip hop. Though 19 tracks long, the running time of 57 minutes shows this to be a no nonsense, "no filler thriller", where Maddox pulls no lyrical punches, goes in for the kill and moves on to the next one with little hesitation. From start to finish this album rocks the speakers while still injecting a subtle variety of pace courtesy of production from C Lance (Jedi Mind Tricks), Vanderslice, Sicknature (Snowgoons), Edd Bundy, Skammadix, Nemesis and Hellzwind.
There are also superior turntablist techniques on display throughout via fellow Red Phone signing TMB, as Maddox addresses real life issues and hip hop in equal measure, ably assisted with features from King Magnetic, Tragedy Khadafi, Reef The Lost Cause, Swann, and many more. The frenetic energy on the posse cut BARbarians featuring Godilla, UG and Born Unique captures the spirit of the release perfectly.
The album lays down an early marker for independent hip hop in 2014, set to be a busy year for the Emcee with a performance at SXSW pencilled in for March followed by a tour in the States with Slaughterhouse. Plans are also underway for shows in Australia, a tour with Horse Shoe Gang and a welcome return to the UK and Europe later in the year.
"Righteous Fury" is a powerful and passionate offering from one of the most talented emerging names in independent hip hop, and releases on 25th February 2014.
Two official videos have already been released from the album, "No Country For Old Men" and the aforemantioned BARbarians
"RIGHTEOUS FURY" releases 25th February 2014 on Red Phone Records / Seven 13 Music
1. No Country For Old Men produced by Engineer
2. Interlude produced by Sultan Mir
3. Sick & Tired cuts by TMB produced by Sultan Mir
4. BARbarians ft Godilla, UG & Born Unique produced by Hellzwind
5. Work ft Mina Fedora produced by Skammadix
6. El Mariachi produced by Nemesis
7. The Get Back ft King Magnetic produced by Skammadix
8. Comedy Pt 1 produced by Skammadix
9. Murder Weapons ft Swann Cuts by TMB produced by C Lance
10. Spider Man ft Adlib & Reef The Lost Cauze produced by Vanderslice
11. Mjolnir ft Burke the Jurke Cuts by TMB produced by C Lance
12. King Killer produced by Sicknature
13. Olympus Has Fallen Cuts by TMB produced by Hellzwind
14. Upon A Pale Horse ft Edd Bundy Cuts by TMB produced by Edd Bundy
15. Comedy Pt 2 produced by Skammadix
16. A Time To Kill Cuts by TMB produced by Hellzwind
17. Street Art ft Tragedy Khadafi Cuts by TMB produced by Skammadix
18. Reality's a Bitch produced by Skammadix
19. Show Must Go On produced by Nemesis
OFFICIAL WESBITE http://www.redphonerecords.net
UrbanElite PR are handling all media enquiries regarding the release. Copy albums for review, press & radio interview requests or any other relevant information can be requested from UrbanElite PR via http://www.urbanelitepr.com/