“My Savings Goal” Pinterest Contest to Launch January 1, 2014
SALINAS, CA (January, 2014) Why is there so much pressure to save money? If you have enough to pay for everything you need, why should you worry about putting money aside each month? There are a variety of reasons to save your money and everyone has different reasons for saving their hard earned cash. A vacation, first home, dream car, college…
“allU.S. wants to know why you are saving your money!” says Patrick Redo, CEO of allU.S. Credit union. “ And even more, we want to help you achieve those dreams. That’s why we are introducing our first Pin It To Win It Contest!”
How to Enter:
1. Follow allU.S. on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/
2. Pin a photo of one of your savings goals – for example, if your savings goal is a family vacation to Italy, show us a picture of the town you’d love to visit!
3. Pin your photo to our collaborative board on Pinterest called “What are you saving for?” with the hashtag #MySavingsGoal.
4. Share with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter
5. To qualify, photos must be pinned by February 21, 2014. Lucky winners will be selected at random and notified by email by February 28th.
Three lucky winners will receive:
· Third prize a $50 Visa Gift Card
· Second prize a $100 Visa Gift Card
· One grand prize winner will receive a $250 certificate of deposit to help them reach their savings goal that much faster!
The favorite photos will be featured on allU.S. Faceboook and Google+ page and the winner will be highlighted on the company’s website and in its quarterly newsletter. Happy Pinning!
For more information about allU.S. Credit Union or the Pinterest contest go to www.alluscu.com.
Background on allU.S. Credit Union:
Americans have grown increasingly tired of feeling small inside big banks. They appreciate the security and convenience of a large financial institution, but crave the personalized customer service of a community-oriented credit union.
Now they can experience both. allU.S. Credit Union offers the personalized service seen at traditional, not-for-profit credit unions while providing access to important financial products, technology innovations and more than 30,000 surcharge free ATMs nationwide.
For more than 63 years, allU.S. Credit Union has been investing in the future of Monterey County. They are a credit union that is all about personal service, helping families navigate their financial needs. According to Patrick Redo, CEO of allU.S. Credit Union, “At allU.S. Credit Union you are a member not a customer. We believe that when it comes to the way we serve and interact with our members, everything matters.”
The differences between allU.S. and large banks are clear. AllU.S. attracts members, or stakeholders, while banks recruit customers. AllU.S. is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution with benefits passed down to its members, while banks are corporatized, profit-first institutions with a declared goal of making money for company stockholders.
In short, allU.S. Credit Union is positively different.
· AllU.S. provides its members with a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates. Members enjoy lower rates on credit cards, home equity loans, mortgages, auto loans, and personal loans. At the same time they experience higher rates for savings, checking, money market accounts and CDs.
· When you do business with allU.S., you’re an owner. When allU.S. makes a profit, it directly benefits the membership. Its goal is to create wealth for its members and the community in which they live — right here in Monterey County.
· Like banks, allU.S. Credit Union insures its holdings, offering the peace of mind that its members deserve. At the same time, all loan decisions are made in the local branch, and the small staff knows its members and addresses their individual needs and concerns.
· This growing membership enjoys perks such as personalized service and free checking, while feeling secure that their money is safe and working for their future. Once they join it becomes obvious: allU.S. is indeed positively different.
· It’s allU.S. in action … positively unique, positively caring, positively essential for the financial well being of its members.
AllU.S., formerly Monterey County Employees Credit Union, was formed in 1950 to provide services to the employees of Monterey County and their families. Since then it has expanded its field of membership to include a select number of employer groups. It has now changed its name and currently serves thousands of members from the Salinas Valley to the Monterey Peninsula.